Connection issues in menu only

For the past 2 years or so, when I’m in the menu, I get disconnected, matches take a while to find sometimes, and I’ll notice the chat stop dead in its tracks, then randomly flood itself to catch up. Sometimes my character will disappear and I will be unable to queue unless I click the bar at the top and select my hero again. Even then, sometimes “Ready” will be grayed out. I get zero stutters and zero disconnects ingame. No lag, no issues ingame. Strictly in the menus. No issues in normal browsing, no issues in other games. Only when I’m in the HotS menus.

i5 6600k

AMD RX 64

16GB DDR4 3000 Mhz RAM

Samsung Evo 850 1TB SSD

I live in US East, so here’s a tracert to Central US as listed on Blizzard’s site.

https:// pastebin com/3dpjd6Vm (can’t post links so just add periods where appropriate)

there isnt much going on with your tracert. you may want to try a WinMTR which will continuously run instead.

paste the results after you are done. then highlight the text and press </>.

side note:

visit my post in this thread it details how you can do this as well as many other things. for links look for “Code Blocks” section.

I have to work tonight so I’ll get on that winmtr tomorrow, but any idea why I’m having issues strictly in the menu and not ingame? I rarely get dropped from a game and almost never stutter. Lately I’ve been having an issue too where I get in a game and have no map, so I have to alt F4 and rejoin to get it back.

my guess would be that ‘if’ there was an issue in the network it wouldnt be the game servers themselves. they are actually separate from the main game lobby. the WinMTR should show something like this though if it is happening.

other than this though its possible for other things to happen like file corruption.

after you get the WinMTR done though then at least there is a bit more info to go on for someone to help you.

So I pinged the US Central server, since again, I am US East. Here’s the WinMTR results: https://pastebin.com/BZdUt2mm