Cocoon duration and health is too high

I always knew tickling the cocoon was the best counter

4 Likes

I don’t know why they don’t just normalize Cocoon’s health. It’s not an issue with the ticking down since they did it just fine with Ragnaros. That would probably give it more counterplay across a bunch of different heroes.

While they’re at it, they should also normalize the chests on Blackheart’s Bay. Would at least remove one of the annoying things from there.

This is a first for me

I’m 100% sure this fine talent will be nerfed soon.

I’m against that. Some heroes can be picked on this map because they can burn the chest fast and leave with the coins. If you remove that, they’ll be picked even less.

Honestly, before nerfing the Cocoon would’ve liked for them to try for IDK 2 months or so just fix the god-damn [why even censor this ?] ping of Cocoon, i.e. make it pingable so it’s easy to recognize like when pinging to kill a hero or taking camp (as is ATM it’s just an empty ping on map with even lesser sound cause of the cocoon effect has on the gameplay sound)

Would help immensely IMO tbh, perhaps not on highest level of play but on the ladder (on average) should help a ton

I don’t know that anything can help players not noticing their teammate got cocooned. It’s visually huge. Plus, you can just ping help at the cocoon’s location.

1 Like

His popularity has been pretty high for a while, but it did spike even higher recently.

If I had to hazard a guess, that’s because Blizzard openly acknowledged that he’s too strong when they nerfed him recently, and so people just started noticing how strong he’s been for a while.

To me, meh. His cocoon isn’t that bad. Annoying sure but hopefully your team is awake enough to break it fast.

I think his constant minion summoning, plus stun/potential escape then stun again plus spell armor AND cocoon IS a bit much…

1 Like

Cocoon should decay twice as fast, retain the same health, and go to 90 seconds cooldown. Then it is reasonable.

The current state of it is just disgustingly broken.

Nerf cocoon like that and suddenly anubarak is a lot less oppressive.

It is both insanely annoying, and absurdly strong. Cocoon needs to go.

Containment disc is what cocoon should have been. No this “point and click to remove someone from the fight” button

2 Likes

I hope they dont change cocoon (even tho turning into a skillshot is always a way). I hope they make him anti-mage tank, again, with big strenghts and weaknesses, again.

Cooldown reduction increased from .75 to 1 second

Cooldown reduced from 7 to 6 seconds

So silly lol. Lets wait for another AA nerf tho

It was not buffed since February 2015. When it was not even called cocoon.

Anub gets basic abilities and talents for them buffed → Anub’arak gets powerful → nerf cocoon to fix it!

2 Likes

Again, Cocoon has been in more or less it’s current for for over 4 years.

Therefor Anub’arak being OP is all due to cocoon?

Do you people even think to look at patch notes. Smh.

Containment Disk is more powerful.
It will often last just as long if not longer.
You can pre-cast it.
You can use it on vehicles (!!)

Cocoon feels worse because Anub’arak is actually Tanky and has a bunch of other CC.

If you replaced Cocoon with containment Disk Anub would be buffed.

3 Likes

cocoon & bhb chests insists on attack damage/health instead of how many hit counts problem solved

3 Likes

Lol im not sure if you are trolling with all the burning rage talents or not.

In an actual game,only li ming can destroy it fast enough. It is not like anub team will be like “oh lets just wait until the dot destroies the cocoon like the cool and kind kids we are and not press the advantage”. Out of that list, only li ming is actually a thread, and forcing her to pick lazors is already a large handicap for her.

And burning rage is like double the effect of cocoon, instead of trapping 1 player it now traps 2, one of them being the tank/frontline.

I believe that duration and health are very well balanced. Maybe it’s better to extend the cooldown by 10-20 seconds.

Anub is being balanced around cocoon. Nerf cocoon, and he can get some of his dumb damage nerfs reverted.

Containment disc can be dodged or bodyblocked

Anub is balanced around massive CC (or rather used to…)

Um, no.

A talent having been buffed or not in some time has no relevance to how powerful it is. Sometimes things are simply overlooked.

The talent’s name also has no relevance.

Between may 2016 and March 2018, Tracer’s recall wasn’t touched. By that logic, it would mean the ability was fine and should not have been nerfed.

It makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the universe lol

Just imagine if/when cocooned you by yourself could ping/warn allies instead of being put at mercy on their awareness (your ally players)

Perhaps wouldn’t make much change in organized/coop or party plays, but would make ALL THE DIFFERENCE in solo/QM plays, and let’s be honest that’s where the ability gets it’s highest value from overall