Cocoon duration and health is too high

I don’t. Like I said, if I’m cocooned, I immediately ping help at my location.

And noone comes to help cause again => it’s a BLOODY EMPTY ping on map, that’s what allies get, noone gets “X wants to attack cocoon” kind of notification, it’s just an empty ping that people would usually ignore (and unless paying really close attention = they DO ignore)

Most of the time my teammates do.

Maybe play with people you know if you have bad luck with allies.

Map awareness and reading the current flow of battle is also a big part of the skills required in this game.

Probably the best change for Cocoon: Base health increased to ~400, incoming instances of damage limited to ~25% of Cocoon’s max health. Tracer can no-longer insta-kill the Cocoon, but burst-focused heroes can also kill it in a reasonable time frame without also insta-killing it.

Or just leave it alone and remove Rewind. That’s the main problem with Anub’arak right now.

Let me see

I’m suggesting the SMALLEST nerf possible (not even a nerf) for an ability that’s quite obnoxious and impactful in the game by increasing ease of dealing with it, YOU on the other hand WHINE and ask for ability straight-up nerfs

And YET you’re accusing me of “combat unawareness”, oh the irony being strong in this one lol

Now let me tell you something else you friggin moron = as far as I’m concerned already found a solution how to “beat” the problem, the suggestion I did was to make things as should’ve been in the first place = fairer to everyone

Sure, spotting a cocoon on the battle ground being “a useful skill” lol, sure, try do that when YOU are the one inside it

Now, before we get into more meaningless smudge talk admit you’re being damning arrogant smug and full of double standards

[** Had to be milder in profanity words due to censorship, try translate them on your own]

Which is why it has been barely changed for years, and normally his rework and balancing has been around his baseline stats and his talents?

Can you provide any evidence?

You can dodge cocoon.
You just have to be able to become unstoppable as the projectile hits you.
I’ve done it as Lunara several times.

Anyone who can cast cleanse on you can prevent a cocoon from landing, if it is cast while the projectile is in flight.

I don’t disagree, I was merely pointing out that the ability clearly is something that the designer(s) behind Anub’arak want Anub’arak to have.

And when they touched it they specifically stated why they did so:

They felt that it would be better to have tracer tankier and recall have a slightly longer cooldown to make it feel less annoying.

Regardless, Cocoon, whatever you wish to call it, has been around for a long time. It has got some small nerfs in that time.

The most recent nerf, an increased cooldown, was to nerf Anub’arak a little.

And I doubt it really makes a meaningful difference, tbh.

That’s quite some aggressive writing. Not to mention being completely irrelevant to the topic being discussed. Simply because I stated the fact that map awareness is one of the more important skills in this game. Which not only help you to deal with Anub’s ultimate, but also a lot of other different situations.

Maybe once you have reached the grandmaster class you would understand such basic concept.

First of all liar :slight_smile: [but no matter anyway]

No ofense, despite your rank = the “principle of nobility” means just how you reached to the top you don’t stand in way of others doing the same… (don’t have to help, just stay away of being an obstacle)

On top of that = reaching the top does not give you rights to become a true cucumber cuckhold (overly defensive and yet arrogant) freak case

There are people with issues/problems that the “best” do not understand nor are aware of their existence (which is why this all modernly tar-ded “PC culture” appeared in the first place)

Just cause in your GM “environment” people call out Cocoons effectively or practise hard to “notice it”, OR even simply point it out on voice or in chat (cause again, pings don’t do it), does not mean everyone else must be forced to do that

If you understood human nature or psychology any better you’d probably also understand that your “defensive behavior” toward a mechanic of improvement is PERFECT CASE OF Narcisism disorder and here are some examples of just that:

“pros” in Starcraft were against multiple buildings simultaneous production when SC2 announced there would be “multiple building select like in WC3”, heck some of them even outraged

Even better = some (very lesser amount though) were aggressive back at the time at things like auto-rally point of workers (meaning once the worker was produced it was considered “skill” to manually direct it to harvest :P)

Or even a better real-life example = back at 2000’s when Ford bought all Tesla generation 1 cars just so to have them destroyed at the company’s backyard without a trace

Be as it may the reason behind all that "defensive" behavior is the very same: You spent time/resources into "practising" some "trivial" thing that no doubt you're "best at" (and maybe even capitalized upon ?) for a while

However, the voice should always be in favor of practicality/reason instead of keeping “rules of engagement”, mainly cause of two things:

1= Times change, things have to change in order to adapt, in order to remain the same
2 = Competition/Market

Now, since we got our “grudge” out of the way and since my “insults” were said would say the very conclusion of things which is:

If you think a bit more (with brain) , you'd rather see quickly how much of a **ACTUAL PRACTICAL VALUE** there is in the suggestion/feedback I gave

I think by dodge, Hailfall meant being avoided through movement alone. Without using abilities.

great, well, let’s just remove everything that cannot be dodged with abilities.
problem solved.

What bothers me is it’s cooldown.
For an ultimate with so much power, it needs to have a proportional cooldown.
Should be increased to 90s, or even 100s.

Its funny how anub is all of a sudden broken. Like literally. His ult has been the same ult since the beginning back when NOBODY bothered to play him. Now hes all of a sudden the best tank in the game? His ulti isnt the problem.

The problem: they gave his carapace shield baseline spell reduc. This is what is causing him to be picked ungodly amounts. They recently changed that. Before, it was choose spell armor at 1 or hp or beetles. Now its choose MORE spell armor at 1 or hp or beetles…the reason he is oppressive is because he has no fear of diving in and making plays anymore. He simply dives, stun, stun, egg somebody and produce beetles. His shield is on an AMAZINGLY fast cd and he gets an additional shield at 7 with burrow? Like holy moly…he is an absolute GOD at diving…he makes sonya look tame. That is why he is broken. The egg is simply benefitting from this recent change to his baseline spell armor carapace. Basically he has:

1. Carapace spell armor
  2. Additional carapace shield
  3. Burrow charge shield
  4. Two very easy and amazing stuns, his burrow charge is WAY too easy to hit.
  5. His egg.

Thats leaving out the fact that he can take the HP and regen talent at 1 to make him even more tankier ALL THE WHILE producing beetles that attack for amazing amounts of dmg (basically where most heroes get immolation at 13, anub gets the talent for free at 1).

Yes he is busted.

4 Likes

Neither funny or sudden tbh lol. Disgusting bug since 09.2018.

True, but i meant people are just now finding him broken due to a recent change to his carapace ability

PFFT Ive been telling about this for so long its sad. They completely broke his design with this change. He was totally fine and people were asking for buffs lol

Not anymore though, that right now isn’t the problem (since the reduction of hit boxes you can barely hit anything unless directly on top)

Right now the only problem is the Cocoon, but it’s WR% isn’t that much, so before getting nerfed I’d like to see them implement a “focus” ping on the Cocoon (doesn’t have to have a sound effect, just make it a call-out ping with text underneath such as “Li Ming wants to destroy the Cocoon”)

Pretty sure that would be much less of a problem once being done as such

That is true but pretty sure he had those things before, and even more so as mentioned above were broken EVEN MORE back when hitboxes weren’t reduced… For example back then you could burrow-charge AND body-block, now you can do only one thing cause the only way your E stun activates is if you unburrow from right under your opponent

In general game lately (after HB reduction) requires a ton of precision, noticed for example how hard was to heal Genji or KTz (their hitboxes being like a straight vertical line somewhere in the middle, bit left or right toward Arm area and you miss) and things like that

But yes = his double stun on dive USED TO be broken AF, it’s just bit misfortunate that his “best days” were at times when everyone picked Hanzo (practically got 3-shot by him lol)… Nowadays his spell shield levels are good enough to tank through that burst but the hitbox reduction nerf hit him hard enough

IF ANYTHING, pretty sure people ban him lately solely cause of the Cocoon (and another thing that noone mentioned so far :thinking:, and that is = Beetle spawns give you a free dive at enemy forts & towers, he acts like Sylv in that manner, and no other hero in the game ATM is capable of that)

If you guys keep nerfing Cocoon or Anubarak, he will be soon faded into obscurity and then a new tank will take over his place.

Is this what you guys wanted?

Its his ability to be fearless in landing cocoons now. I can dive someone with absolutely no fear whatsoever. If two people are in lane. Dive one, cocoon the other. Doesnt even matter who youre cocooning, anub can tank tower shots because of what u just mentioned about the beetles. I say we gotta return anub to the way he was before where he had spell armor for an instance of spell dmg on a decent sized CD. At the very least you had to wait longer to dive into oncoming dmg. Now with his carapace ability i can dive whenever i want to. Have u seen ana nanoboost an anub? Holy god almighty the bustedness. Dive stun dive stun dive stun beetle beetle beetle beetle beetle beetle and DAMAGE GALORE! Especially at 13 when he gets his carapace nuke…

I just told you what he meant.

Also, neither of us ever said anything like that. There’s a difference between dodging a skill shot, and having unstoppable put on you to avoid a point and clik.