Cloaken has left Blizzard :(

I’m sad to see him leaving, but gotta thank him for all the good work and good moments he brought to us :heart:

41 Likes

That´s sad to hear; may he be happy with whatever he´s up next.

11 Likes

I hope he lives a happy life from here on out

Spotlights will not be the same without him

And the announcer will now feel shallow to me

Farewell Kevin, you will be missed

7 Likes

I’m really curious what was the reason he left the company, better job opportunity?

4 Likes

I mainly only use the Cloaken announcer <3

3 Likes

Yup job opportunity it seems just from reading his second tweet:

Well then I hope the best for him out there.

7 Likes

you will be missed :c

5 Likes

He probably didn’t want the vampires at activision to suck the life out of him when he wasn’t looking any more than they already have.

26 Likes

nobody wants to stay on a sinking ship,he saved himself,wise move

17 Likes

Spotlight will be nothing without you :sob:

15 Likes

Maybe thats why he is leaving, no more spotlights to do…

much :heart: Kevin, stay classy

4 Likes

I’ve tried it, but it’s kind a tilting when a game isn’t going in your favor and he says stuff like… well, I don’t remember the exact quote(s), but was something like “be more careful next time”, or “learn from your mistakes”. It feels like when you are being chased by a Win Blades Varian, when your hero has no mobility and no CC (or another example would be Diablo + Alarak + Ana + Imperius… have fun escaping from that), and your teammates ping you with “retreat”. Yeah… I’m trying… not that there is anything I can actually do about it.

But I did enjoy his spotlight videos :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m very happy for him, he deserves better than this project.

7 Likes

Good times never last…
Godspeed, Kevin.

4 Likes

can’t say I’m particularly surprised. with HOTS circling the drain and Blizzard in generally starting to kinda fall apart, he’s probably found significantly greener pastures. hope he finds a company that appreciates his talents <3

9 Likes

Fully 100% support what Cloaken is doing after reading that.

5 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

spoiler speculation: he’s off to join the face of hearthstone that left last year.

2 Likes

Bad for us but probably good for him, I’m sure someone will recognize the enthusiasm he brought to the live broadcasts as well as the hype he helped grow with his narration.

With apologies to The Highlord, Kevin is still my favorite announcer. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

5 Likes

So if no Kevin - no more new heroes? :frowning:

4 Likes