Catapult and regen globes make this game a one sided mess

change my mind

regen globes, double in lane

catapults off of forts

literally incredibly hard to comeback if you lose the early game

1 Like

If you’re bullied so bad that enemy gets both globes then you probably drafted like crap and your allies are AFK doing god knows what.

Catas from forts is bad for team that gets them. It pushes lane further in and makes it significantly riskier to soak. They do no damage early on and allow bit of counterpush if other team gets keep.

14 Likes

Nah, but getting 3 levels behind the enemy team is a very tough spot, plus, or should I say minus, the moral of your team to fight for said comeback, hurts more than the catapults imo

they’ve continually made changes to make it so if you’re losing, you lose, end of story.

1 Like

And what’s wrong with that?
If you missmanage your lanes too much you lose fast.
You play badly you lose.

You want a 100% impossible to comeback system? The gold and feeding system of lol and dota.

The everyone gets to 20 no matter how much you try to lose old xp change was the worst.
It is good to see that such handholding systems disapear.

15 Likes

Early catapults are a pavlovian teaching mechanism. It teaches you losing lanes is bad. Putting your hand on a hot stove is bad. You cannot just ignore a lane or burn your hand and expect no consequences.

Next time, the player doesn’t lose an early lane or put his hand on a hot stove because he learns it hurts him. If a dog can learn to avoid pain from experience, surely HotS players can too.

8 Likes

i am still undecided whether a german shepherd or a bronze 3 is a smarter ally, based on the things i’ve seen…

3 Likes

There are a lot of things that need to fail, in order for the enemy to snowball you.

Most likelly scenario, your team died too much and gave the map to them.

Gotta understand that the team needs to soak lanes and do siege camps early if you can.

1 Like

er, yes. those are both designed to have snowballing effects but thats not necessarily a bad thing

why are people in such hardcore denial? this game is the most onesided, snowbally mess I’ve ever played

1 Like

“6.5, no comebacks” is a meme for a reason… play more if you think being down 2-3 levels is automatic loss

those games are absolutely winnable

you can even win while down multiple levels, when you have 1 core health and enemy has more than half

8 Likes

It has more to do with the MM. Also the base design of being so dependent on your team with lack of individual impact puts you at mercy of the said doggy doodoo MM. Sometimes MM just finds you that wave clear mage who never kills minions or rotates and all you can pray is MM hopefully found enemy something even worse.

It’s not auto-loss but it does make the game very unlikely to comeback from without enemy making a mistake among skilled players and you could clearly see that on pro scene when full talent tier advantages we gained. ToD is much more of a special case because you will never get stuck with lanes pushing and killing your core the way other maps are. It’s by gigantic margin easiest map to get a comeback in as single wipe late game could cost you 20+ core hp.

Not really, there are a ton of comeback mechanisms built into the game. Getting a kill when you are levels down grants more XP, so looking for a split target and going for ganks can be very rewarding. Some maps, such as Hanamura, have camps that are fairly easy to take quickly, and grant a great deal of XP as well.

Soaking XP actually becomes easier when the enemy team starts to generate the catapults from taking a fort down, as the wave will naturally push closer to your towers, so you can clear and soak more safely.

But of course, the ideal situation would be to not get so far behind in the first place. Make sure your draft is well balanced, with heroes that can clear as well as those that can kill. Try to draft a solo laner that works well with the map, and isn’t easily countered.

In QM, watch the map to see where the enemy team is, and where they may logically be going next, so you can either out-macro them, or take advantage of their rotations. If they are soaking, you must be soaking, too. If they insist on brawling mid, you can get an early advantage by letting them do so while your team takes control of the rest of the map.

9 Likes

If it was easy to completely negate the enemy’s advantage. What would be the point of gaining the advantage in the game?

However, winning the 2nd objective is enough to come back. As it’s usually more valuable the the first objective.

2 Likes

An trained German shepherd would be at least gold.

5 Likes

Because I experience comebacks on a daily basis?

Let’s objectively see what catapults and globes do.

Catapults:

• push the lane further away, making soaking harder, overextending more likely (so reduces your xp gain)
  • gives extra xp to the enemy (really small tho)

Globes:

• gives sustain (hp and mana)
  • shows where you’ll be (enemy can hit you or deny the globe completely while trying to pick it up)

So if you can’t get the globe, just dmg the enemy while they’re picking it up.
Plus since the xp changes (xp globe), you can safely HS back and still be able to get most if not all of the missed wave’s xp.

HotS is a game where there’s always a chance for winning but doesn’t overdo it to the lvl that you can never feel winning before the game ends.

It’s just winning from behind requires more skill than winning from ahead. Therefore ppl in the lower skill lvls are unaware of how hard it is to keep a leading advantage.

And this is either a lie or just a massive amount of ignorance, since almost every change from the last few years was made so losing is harder and harder, somewhat babysitting the losing side.

10 Likes

This is so factually incorrect that I wanna cry. Go play LOL, get to diamond / masters and then get to masters in HOTS, then tell me which game is a more snowbally mess.

HOTS makes comebacks easy as 1 plus 1 if you know what you are doing.

5 Likes

OP: I don’t like this thing
Community: [plethora of reasonable arguments and helpful insights]
OP: Lawl, why are you stupid?

9 Likes

The day i saw dogs check the road for cars and waiting for the green light to cross over i stopped having doubts about it.

4 Likes

Especially since they are colourblind.