Cannot hear game sound

I cannot hear any sound (game background sound and voice) in Hots from last week.

I tried my other games later. There is no sound in “battlenet (voice chat)”, “Starcraft” and “Hearthstone”; however, “WoW” and “Overwatch” are well.

Here are something I have tried:

• volume mixer
  • reinstall realtek
  • reinstall Hots
  • reinstall battle.net

I do not have “MSI Nahimic” or “Sonic Studio” in my PC. Is there anything I can do to fix the sound problem?

Hey, Chen!

Do the programs show up in your Windows Volume mixer when they are open? If so, which device does it list it under?

Please collect a DXDIAG and post it here using the Preformatted Text button in the posting options. Just make sure the full DXDIAG contents are between the Preformatted Text tags.

this is just a guess here now that i have been looking into this issue from another thread (same problem). i believe that it is possible Win 10 may corrupt the audio drivers. it seems like it happens on some systems.

the fix is to download your audio driver from your manufacturer again. then uninstall your old driver. after this you will want to install the new driver you downloaded.

you may be asked to restart your computer at any point in the process. make sure to do it.

give this a try and say whether it fixes things or not.

Hi Morogoth,

thank you for your reply. I tried to reinstall the audio driver again, and I also tried the old version, but the problem still exists.

i know it seems obvious, but what about what Ibaraius said? does HotS show up in the volume mixer in the taskbar?

if it does then is it showing that it has sound and is not muted?

this suggestion here is just making sure your card is actually the default audio and its detected by HotS. i have heard of this sort of thing happening in the past where ppl stated their audio wasnt detected at all and didnt show up. so take a look around.

1. go to control panel => hardware and sound => sound | manage audio devices

• now in this list you should see all of your sound devices. there should be one probably called “Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio” with a check mark. if it doesnt have that. then that may be the problem. select that and you should be able to set it as your default device.
  2. check HotS. under Options ==> Sound

• here you will see a drop down menu for “output device” make sure it says “Realtek High Definition Audio” or similar. if it says only “Default” then try clicking on it and changing it. you may see an option for specifically telling it you want it to use your Realtek Audio.

If there’s still issues can you generate a msinfo report and email it over to techinfo@blizzard.com? Please include a link to this thread in the email.

Hey there! I have recently come into contact with this bug where it only plays hots music and nothing else. First time that i fixed it, it was just turning the sound on and off manually through hots client. The second time it happened, that didnt work so I closed the game and then I used task manager to close my 4 open tabs of Discord. Sometimes discord opens to many tabs by itself and can cause hots sound to mess up. Hope this helps