Calculation problem with Decard's ability power

Hallo guys, havent used a single forum for over a decade :smiley: I’ve been playing since beta and i love this game and the characters, so lately im real keen on Decard and this is what goes…
So the build i play consists on stacking for dmg and heal, and I need certain talents to activate so i take : Field of Study, Cube Mastery, Super Healing Potion and Stone of Scroll Curse. Here is where i think comes the tricky part!
So if we need to be at least 16 lvl to do this, I tried it with the Try mode, becouse i wanted to check which damage would be greater if i go with armor reduce or spell power.
So on lvl 16 we have 281 base dmg on the spell, hitting 2 targets gets me 40% bonus, again hitting 2 targets gives me 200% more bonus. The dmg at the end isn’t the one it should be.

281+40% = 393,4

but the good guys from bliz made it 394, so we can deal even more <3
Now when we already have our ability power we should do 200% which is

394x3=1180

But the dmg done is 1034.

The same problem accures with pots boosted by growing up with Super Healing Potions. Again on level 16 pot heals for 508 +20%=608 and 40% goes for 708, but when it grows it doesnt heal you for the 120% bonus it should. It heals for 13

708+120%=1557

I really am not good at math, but as it goes, bonus spell power is not stacking properly?

It’s because spellpower stacks additively, not muliplicatively. Stacking multiple bonuses from different sources might spiral out of control.

I’m certain there are still some exceptions to the rule but the calculations for most heroes have been adjusted over the years and the few untouched are left like that intentionally.

A nano boosted KTZ could either have 175+30=205% or 175*1.3=227.5%, throw in another 30% with each stacking method and see for yourself how big the disparity between the two can get.

2 Likes

The math needs to be additive so the correct math is 281(1+2+0.4)=956. I’m guessing in you’re testing you didn’t disable the ally hero and you gained a couple levels to level 18 where the math is 304(1+2+0.4)=1034 on scroll of sealing.

The math for the Greater healing potion at lvl 16 should be 506(1+1.2+0.4)=1316, I’ve tested both of these and they are correct.

The only true damage multiplier in the game that stacks multiplicative with buffs is armor. Though there are some cheeky ways to effectively increase dps or hps multiplicatively through Cooldown reduction, attack speed, or flat damage increases but all % buffs are additive.

2 Likes