Butchers "Unstoppable" ruthless onslaught not working

As the title says. It appears butchers “Unstoppable” ruthless onslaught not working. I keep getting knocked out of it or stunned on the way. Not sure if this is as intended or something else is going on

1 Like

The ability says IF THE BUTCHER REACHES THE TARGET so there is probably a tiny window frame between butcher losing his Unstoppable status and the stun applying to the target.

I don’t feel like there is something buggy going on with the ability but I wouldn’t discount the fact that latency difference between you and the other player also plays a significant role in being a problem for you.

I may not be 100% on how the ability is programmed to work but I’ll try and clarify with an one example; old Raynor had a talent where he would automatically knock back the target that stunned him - away from Raynor’s melee range, and I do remember that a charging Butcher would get knocked off, and it wouldn’t allow him to queue cast Lambs ultimate after charge, Raynor would simply interrupt it before Butcher got the chance to cast. Meanwhile Raynor’s talents got changed, but Butcher mechanics have not changed in any significant way. So you get the point.

However, if you feel like you’re getting knocked off by other things and feel like you aren’t able to utilize charge to its max potential, try this advice;

As you’re charging, you’ll notice a one second global cooldown before you can cancel a charge in process, and during that time for the same second other abilities will be greyed out. So you should start charging from at least 50% max range distance, and QUEUE cast the next ability (preferably Lambs to the Slaughter) just before you collide with the target. That way although you cast the spell mid charge, it will cast at the very end of the charge and not allow the other player any breathing room to react and beat you with better internet.

That being said, you didn’t mention which skin you were using, there might be an actual issue with one of them, veteran players will be familiar with the Muradin issue where one of his skins reduces the travel time of Stormbolt stun skillshot, making it slightly more reliable… you’ll have to research that yourself.

I’m not sure but I think you can also stun Butcher during the split second animation where he raises his hands just before he starts running, a little time window before Unstoppable status actually shows up above his head.

I thought it might be lag I do have I have 25ms ping. so I watched the replay and I was knocked away when I was still unstoppable. It could be perfect timing and I do queue my ult (when it’s up :stuck_out_tongue:)

I using the default Butcher skin

Maybe I am just missing something