Bug in the ranking points?

I first posted this in the Competitive discussion (Help me understand the ranked system) : So, While before with the old ranked system my medium points were +/-200, now they are +180/190 and -200/210, i’m plat 5/4 and play tank most of the time. Usually i play with my brother, he’s gold 1 and have the same medium for points, but sometimes he play with another friend of mine which is bronze 1 (even tho he doesn’t deserve to be in bronze and is stuck in a elo hello imho but that’s another story) and in this games the points are basically inverted: -180/190 and + 200/210. So why is this happening? How are the points calculated? Shouldn’t he lose more points losing against bronze/silver being gold? Help me understand all i have to know with the ranked system please, i love this game and i want to do all i can do to support the game and the community but honestly i’m not enjoying this situation…

because point adjustments are made depending how far your MMR changed in the game, players will receive different amount of points.

Unless you have two players who are at the same MMR.

Yes, but how does it work? I tried reading something about but found only old explanation (before hero and team league fusion). It says that MMR is adjusted after a match with PRA and PA, that MMR reference for hero league is the same as QM but after season one is same as UD…also about PRA and PA: fist games of this season showed me the changed value of PRA and PA, now it’s no more showed (or it’s not changed at all) but the poits still change so idk what to think about

So, the old system for ranked used two main things for matchmaking:
-your MMR, which was hidden
-your rank, which is what you could see and varied from your MMR.

So before, they limited rank movement to 200 points +/- the party adjustment, favored adjustment and Personal rank adjustment.

But now party adjustment and favored adjustment are baked right into the points change. As the points change is merely reflecting how your MMR changed.

Personal Rank Adjustment doesn’t exist (to my knowledge) as rank is directly tied to MMR.

So, an example:
one team’s MMRer is:

They win against a team with an average MMR of say, 1650.

1400 goes to say, 1525
1500 say goes to 1600
1600 say goes to 1675
1700 goes to 1750
1800 goes up to 1825

these are made up numbers But as you can see, the MMR gain (and loss, if I made up numbers there) would vary based on your MMR before the game started.

Hopefully this is clear.