Bronze rank-points gain is broken

same problem for me win 16 point by win even if i won 4 games in a row. i m bronze level 5, please fix the bug. can you add me to you list ? thanks

3 Likes

Yep, add me to the list. Same problem since this new season began. I won all 3 of my placement matches, ended up in bronze 5, and now can’t climb out. It’s so broken and is ruining the experience for me.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all the reports and feedback raised about your adventure in Storm League this season.

For clarity, we’ve just released this blog post that further explains the phenomenon you all are experiencing. As this is not a bug in the strictest sense, I’d encourage everyone to move these discussions over to the Competitive Discussion board so we can better keep feedback regarding your experiences in Season League in one location, to make it easier for us to track!

I appreciate all of the conversation and the patience you have shown regarding this topic!

Huginncord

1 Like

play many ranked games, my level not increasing or decreasing very much, its like playing quick match, getting nowhere

1 Like

Any system whether you designed it that way or not that would allow a player of your game to play 80 games with 100% win rate and move up less than one level is broken in the worst way possible. It makes the game not even worth playing for a large portion of your player base.

So you’re saying a bronze 5 player has to win 40 games in a row to promote and “that’s just a consequence of the system we designed”. That’s an absolutely absurd explanation. You all are not an inexperienced indie team. You can fix this, quit making excuses. Paste of my post to the “recommended forum”

Per the most recent blog post. Bronze 5 players are required to win ~40 matches in a row to promote to Bronze 4. While you might instinctively think this is a bug, it is not. It is by design of the “new ranking system”. The blizzard team is not inexperienced, nor is it new to developing ranking systems. This is absolutely unacceptable. Blizzard is purposefully punishing a large number of their player base because they are too damn lazy to develop a functional ranking system.

Why am I upset? I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on this game because i thoroughly enjoy the game. The devs have done a terrific job developing it. Yet I’m being forced to either quit entirely, or give up my account in lieu of a new one just to bypass a completely broken and incompetently designed rank system.

BLIZZARD STAFF: PLEASE FIX THIS! YOU ALL CREATED THIS PROBLEM. FIGURE IT OUT AND FIX IT!

1 Like

Like the blue said it’s not a bug. There are people way under Bronze 5 MMR. They would be Bronze 6 or lower if such ranks existed.

It will take these players a very long time just to catch up to Bronze 5.

If you check your hotslogs, it says 900-1200 MMR. That is below Bronze 5. For these people to get to B5 MMR they would have to win maybe 30-40 games without losing.

I do think it is oppressive for current below bronze 5’ers and they should be offered placement matches every ~10 games or so to ensure those who have truly improved, get out faster.

Blizzard: Here’s how the new ranked system works
Literally everyone: wow that’s absolute garbage and sounds like a terrible way to play the game not to mention a waste of time
Blizzard: …
Literally everyone: you gonna fix it?
Blizzard: …

2 Likes

i dont think constant placement matches is the way to fix anything. if anything that would get annoying really quick.

imo, Win Streak bonuses are the way to go.

Yeah, there definitely has to be some leeway for people stuck in the lower extremities of the MMR range.

Such as boosting their point gain to 200-300 per win if they win 4+ games in a row and are obviously ready to play in higher brackets than B5.

Only wins matter for MMR so there is no reason why people below B5 MMR shouldn’t be rewarded for winning a lot as well so they can get out of that rank some day.

If you’re only getting 15-20 pts in Bronze, that means you should actually be lower ranked than bronze, but that doesn’t exist. There is no problem with the system. I know its hard to accept that you probably suck but learn how to play better and get good.

Telling Blizz to “fix” the system so you can appear to get a higher rank means YOU are the problem.

1 Like

I was doing fine until I accidentally DC’d and deranked to bronze 5 and immediately started receiving 15 poinst a match. I’m not “below rank 5” and It’s not a matter of “getting good” lmfao. I consistently mvp or top the leaderboards in every match, team based games don’t have much to do with personal skill until you get higher in ranks. Most of your losses are due to poor team comp, organization or communication and that’s just a fact you can’t argue. Last season I was silver 1 and then I get placed bronze 4 this season after winning 2/3 placement matches and getting mvp both those matches, so explain that one bud. Rank is just broken, it’s simple. Someone like you commenting this garbage on the forums is the real problem.

I don’t understand the logic on this one. I cant leave bronze 5 literally EVER. Bronze 5 is always a crap shoot of decent players and bad players. This is the main reason I am starting to leave this community. Unfair rules for newer players or players who get stuck with the toxic community. Its backwards thinking that people who just started to get into competitive are introduced to the toxic community. Blizzard wont do anything though… They never do. Its very unfair.

1 Like

Do you jerks think kissing Activision/Blizzard’s rear end hard enough will get you a job? What do you gain by being a jerk to people and lying about the existing system?

1 Like

He has a tiny member, so he needs to feel good about himself somehow

If you think all your losses are someone else’s fault and the world conspired against you to derank you into bronze 5 from silver 1, maybe the rank system is working just fine. You are not thinking objectively at all.

You don’t just randomly derank 10 tiers down because of ‘other people’, the only constant in all your matches was you.
There is already a blue post in this thread explaining why it isn’t a bug, and yet you refuse to accept an official Blizzard explanation.

It is possible to drop below Bronze 5 in MMR, and catching up takes a long time, that’s why people at such MMR receive 10-20 points per match.

Hi

I have exactly same problem for every win/lost I won only 15 points… This is really boring. please fix it. To win 45 games in a row!!! cannot be in the spirit of the Inventor!

You obviously didn’t read what I said, I didn’t derank 10 tiers, I was silver 2 last season, won 2/3 placement matches, both mvp and then got placed in bronze 4. Learn to read before you make a reply. I consistently out perform my teammates, even my friends in silver. I don’t belong in bronze 5, it’s just plain broken. You think just because the devs made something it’s an automatic right? Why would they ever patch, balance and fix heroes if they were always right? Yes I obviously refuse to accept their explanation and the fact that they’ve made a comment stating they’ll be fixing it is proof I’m right about how broken it is. Your reply was completely pointless so I don’t get what you’re trying to say. When people play double healer, or no tanks and no healing, that’s not my fault and that consistently happens. So yes, it’s their fault when we lose, that’s objectively correct and if you think otherwise you’re mentally ill. Also, how can my meter be half way to bronze 4 and I’m receiving 15 points a match considering me “below bronze 5”? clearly I’m not, I’m literally halfway to bronze 4.

I am still having this issue, even after this recent update. Has anyone figured this out? I am still getting 15 points per win/loss. I’m in Bronze 5 hell while all my friends are mid-silver.

I am also having this problem!

this takes all the fun out of the game! Blizzard we need to fix this!