Bot system is a big joke

That’s always a problem. If you’re a ranged hero you don’t want to ping the tank or bruiser for example as they will just hide behind you and vise versa.

Have seen that too, and Garrosh tossing an Ally to their doom.

This seems to be the biggest problem, people either won’t or don’t know how to ping the AI. It amazes me that people with 1000 level accounts never learned to ping the AI!

2 Likes

lmao that’s amazing :joy:

That would be bad because of the number of boosted baddies that would be way worse than the MMR bot ge would get.

AI needs to react to the role they are and the person they are following

Healer/mage should be behind the tank and a tank should be next or in front of the ranged assassin that pings him (havent seen an AI tank yet tank players are awesome)

1 Like

Nah leaver bots should have a set level and behaviour and follow people when they want to TF and go lane if they are not.

People want to be bailed out by some Ai too much.

Make leaver queue harsher and give loss forgiveness for ranked.
Give faster bans for compulsive feeders and leavers.

The real issue is waste of space leavers , not the bots.

1 Like

Here is a lot of good feedback for the AI. Hope you can use it for improvement reasons

1 Like

Well, there’s no reason those players would disconnect more often than their teammates. So I think it would work out.

AI also needs to react to living bomb.

If its having them get seizures like when near stukov’s lurking arm i would rather have them mirror normal players.

We should just stop pretending the AI is useful and admit that it’s not an acceptable substitute for a real player. Do what OW does: if someone leaves the game, the rest of the team can quit without penalty (still counts as a loss).

OW games are a lot shorter.

Even better reason to allow your team to quit if there is a leaver.

I disagree its not like the Elite bots make superhuman plays, this is a team game and it takes a team to win. They are still sub optimal to most human players and if they present a slight advantage vs having a very poor human player then that’s acceptable given that its a team game.

The elite AI still wont win you the game without your team also doing well and the alternative is AI being a huge hulking disadvantage.

If it gives you an advantage in a division like Bronze 4, it can also lead to even more bullying. People will try to bully out a bad player so they get a bot, which makes the general atmosphere of matches worse.

Elite A.I. will set up combos, and follow up on all your abilities. Regular A.I. and most players don’t.

I think you two are seriously overestimating the advantage that an elite AI would give a bronze team. I play elite AI with a friend that is too nervous to play real players quite often and i don’t consider him very good at the game but we always stomp elite AI, they really aren’t that great.

Also I thought it was well established that in HOTS one player cannot carry a team. Isn’t that generally what people say about HOTS compared to other mobas right? Well one elite AI isn’t going to win you the match and even if it plays slightly better than the player that left maybe at least the elite AI can teach the bronze players how to play the game better.

In HOTS it is also well established that 1 terrible player can ruin a whole teams experience. So with this in mind even if the elite AI gave a slight advantage it is acceptable when the alternative is a HUGE disadvantage with basic AI.

You see you are going to give an advantage to one side no matter what. If you give basic AI as replacement for a player then you give the enemy an advantage. Might as well minimize the gap and replace the player with the best available AI because in this team oriented game one elite AI isn’t going to carry you to victory anyways.

That slight advantage could lead to bullying poor players out of the game though. HotS is full of unsavory characters.

Don’t get me wrong, I do support bots being placed with Elite only.

Yeah i guess that’s a possibility and hopefully those types of players would get silenced or banned through reports. But i will say that if they are playing so badly that the team wants them replaced with AI they would be probably be bullied throughout the match anyways.

The bot AI is still a total mess, that’s undeniable.

But it’s sad that no one thought of a better alternative to bots going back to the spawn area once the player has disconnected. Imagine if there was a command do anchor a bot next to a fort so it can soak some XP and not be entirely useless. The tower changes would make it work since it would switch target to the enemy hero if the bot gets attacked.

Classic Blizzard not thinking two steps ahead.

1 Like

That’s because you know they’re bots, and you can predict how they will behave having played several games against them. Since their actions are predictable. If you’re a bronze player thinking you’re playing against another bronze player, you won’t see it coming. (And you are probably not bronze yourself)

Especially when the same hero goes from not doing much, to on point follow up out of the blue. One minute, the tank CC’s a target and nothing happens. the next, every CC ends up in a kill.

You seem to be glazing over the rest of my post that explains why that is OK.

In short a small advantage with elite AI is better for both teams for the reasons in my previous posts rather than a huge disadvantage with terrible AI for one team.