Blizzard, why is the "salt mines" thread is

Why is the salt mines thread the largest thread running? Just curious to see what the fan-bots will say it might be.

2 Likes

Because sometimes you just have to vent about things. It is certainly less disruptive to do it there than spam the forums with pointless complaints.

18 Likes

you should actually take a glance who post there before you pin point bots

lol :clown_face:

7 Likes

Right? Imagine if people who constantly start threads to whine about map/character/mode posted there instead.

11 Likes

Daft Punk’s 1997 club hit “Around the World” consists of five different instrumental tracks each with 121 BPM, as well as a vocal track containing nothing but the lyrics “around the world” repeated 144 times. Throughout the song’s 7 minute runtime, instrumental layers are brought in, removed, and combined in new ways, creating a song that sounds consistent while no two moments are ever actually identical.

In 2017, computer scientist Colin Morris conducted a study to find the most repetitive hit song, feeding 15,000 songs that appeared on the Billboard Hot 100 into an algorithm. The algorithm determined “Around the World” to be the most repetitive song analyzed.

If Firefly’s posting history were given to that same algorithm, Around the World wouldn’t have even registered as repetitive by comparison.

19 Likes

The complement thread to the salt thread is going strong at about half the posts. As players are people, and people are way more likely to engage in posting to complain, there is overall a pretty good balance.

This provides irrefutable mathematical proof that your statement can not hold. q.e.d.

Sadly i had to learn that the forums do not allow me to report my own posts for trolling. :sob:

7 Likes

What is it you dont get OP ? You would rather have every 5k of those post end up as thier own thread ? There is a reason why we got Mega threads. To prevent spam.

You are allowed to use those brain cells you were born with.

3 Likes

Let’s see:

• It’s a thread without conclusion, so it can go forever, because it’s never about one thing, but always about a new thing, just in a specific topic
  • It needs no creativity (like creating Memes) or self-exposure (like the Replay thread)
  • It has its dedicated posters (you know, ppl who don’t abandon their own threads)
  • Is it a surprise that there’s always something to complain about? But the existence of complains =/= the existence of problems, you know, outside of one: humans
  • Ppl more likely complain than praise, so even if there is more “happy times”, the “sad ones” are louder
5 Likes

No you’re not.

Qualifying set replies into things you aren’t going to read not only tries to set yourself up for some “No true Scottsman” fallacy, you’re passing off the buck onto others to try to think through your effectual trolling for you.

So, you’re posting a lie, and then blaming others for it.

The veiled complaint – as someone who chronically complains – is that since a ‘salt thread’ – a place to complain – is the ‘largest thread’ that must indicate that there are issues with the game that thus validate your tendency to complain.

However, that’s only tl;dr processing that draws shortened conclusions akin to what a ‘bot’ would post for click-bait adverts. By calling anything else – or ‘faulting it’ – a name, you thus ‘shield’ yourself from any actual effort and instead try to pretend that your “bot-like” conduct can be excused because you called something else the ‘bot’ first.

Here’s a simple breakdown even you might be able to understand:

Of the 7.6 K replies to the topic, 40% of that activity is from 5 people. If a topic keeps getting bumped, then someone else is likely to respond to that bump. The topic has people venting about players and then people respond to that with humor, sympathy, advise, and so on. Since the same people keep posting the same thing in one place, the same other people then keep on responding to that, even if it isn’t about ‘salt’ or replies.

However, since you’re content to persist in ignorance, generally don’t participate in your own topics, and just mire the same complaints across different topics, you don’t get as much activity or response to your isolated repetition compared to a ‘meme’ topic that arguably has more memes than the meme-designated thread.

It can be just as indicative of an implied conclusion that said meme-thread has the most long-running likes given on any topic in the forum: 50% more likes but 45% the activity.

It could also be noted that some of the same prominent posters in the salt thread are also active in the GG thread too. It’s almost like there’s a select set of posters that are active in some topics responding to one-another as some sort of… community or something :thinking:

6 Likes

I, myself, have often wondered “Why is the ‘salt mines’ thread is.”

Imagine my disappointment when the first post posited an entirely different question, rather than answering that of the thread title.

6 Likes

Complaining about the salt mines. This belongs in the salt mines, doesn’t it?

5 Likes

I´d rather put these type of thread into a final deposit and seal it for good.

Funny enough i just remembered those are often old salt mines …

just another way of controlling the narrative

blizzard pay all of us 1$ per day for everytime we post in salt mines to supress the real truth about angry posts and forced 50% match making.

im sorry guys but i cant take this anymore the truth must be spoken off!!!

3 Likes

Ah do enlighten us how people here do that. I can’t wait. And dont come up with some half ased post like you always do just to chicken away again.

1 Like

That must be a failed attempt to control the narrative in view of the number of posts complaining. Really they are no good with manipulating opinions.

1 Like

But I made the salt mines thread lmao.

6 Likes

Did you forget that Blizzard paid you one dollar for creating it? Now I am curious about your contract: how much royalties do you get for each post in the thread?

5 Likes

cuz posting lame stuff is much more fun (and easier) the posting cool stuff.

3 Likes