Blizzard fix this stupid Samuro bug

I can’t believe that this bug is still a thing its been around for ages and people are still abusing it in storm league. Its the Swapping with your clone at the end of your B channel to instantly heal to full and be back in lane.
Samuro players are abusing it in storm league and wins the solo lane 90% of the time if not more because of it. Its extremely toxic for how much damage the hero can do and unless you are Malthel or another hero that heals easily from creep wave like Sonya.

I also know that this has been reported in the past and nothing has been done yet and its been a couple patch that this has been remaining the same. Like im disappointed that nothing has been done for so long about this and the hero is still playable in storm league like come the heck on. Wake up Blizzard.

2 Likes

I reported it ~10 times over the years on Reddit (as either a flaw or bug) and mentioned it to devs several times but either they don’t care, don’t see it as a bug, or don’t know how to fix it.

(I do think it circumvents the intended function of Image Transmission - shift queuing allows you to swap right before they despawn which can’t be done manually, as the tooltip says they instantly despawn upon hearthing)

That being said I still use it because winning the lane without shift queuing swap heals is almost impossible.

If I mention the issue on reddit people just point me to the patch note saying they decided to revert this change (not the same trick) which would indicate they want him to have these tricks as a hidden part of his kit.

3 Likes

Thx for you’re response, I just find it frustrating I guess. Its mostly disappointing that they think its fair for how easy it is to abuse. i guess people need to use Sonya and Malthael more if there is a samuro. ugh

1 Like

It’s a very awkward non-solution to keeping him somewhat useful and a lot of his success relies on such a mechanic. Considering this is primarily an out of combat trick, it does not impact his fighting potential directly so they tolerate it.

I don’t really have an idea how the developers would compensate him for losing this, but there is a still a problem in how execution is possible only with a shift-queued command (closest comparison I have is Genji dashing outside from spawn area and still instantly mounting up with uninterrupted movement).

When images attack or Samuro attacks a hero they increase the duration of his images by 1 second but not above the 8 seconds baseline duration, but regardless the images disappear by default once the Heartstone finishes cast.

Now the reasoning for why they might allow this in the first place. Hearthstone restores a fixed amount of 1125 health REGARDLESS OF HERO LEVEL and staying within the Hall of Storms keeps restoring your health at a fixed periodic value. At early levels, simply completing the HS cast is enough to top off your hero, but as the game progresses, this method of healing becomes less effective with each increase in your health amount, meaning that at lvl 30 you have to stay in the spawn area for almost five seconds or longer to regain full strength and doing this trick will only restore the fixed amount of 1125hp where you are unlikely to continue fighting in such state.

I’m concerned more about the effect this has on completely eliminating travel time, especially in a today’s version of the game where global travel abilities (Falstad/BW/Abathur/Dehaka) were seen a problematic and were promptly nerfed.

Samuro healing up isn’t even that big of a deal because the HS cast take full 6 seconds during which you can easily destroy his images (considering they take increased damage, in a specific way) or at least gamble killing one of them hoping both of you will target the one that has a swap command queued on it which reduces his chance of success by 50% and is a valid form of counter-play. The usefulness of this trick skyrockets with certain objectives such as one on Sky Temple while it can be completely useless on other drastically smaller maps.

Honestly I would like to hear a more elegant alternative to this if someone has any good ideas, because he seems to be somewhat balanced around this trick being a thing and players who are unaware of this are playing him at a severe disadvantage. Maybe compensate him with increased/prolonged healing from globes or with a minor leech effect? Neither would significantly impact his power as he mostly shines with in overall map presence with a hit and run approach. I didn’t play him in a while and can’t tell how he feels first hand or if any of this is a valid suggestion.

Sorry for the wall of text, but there is no concise way to make sense out of this. I’m hopeful it will get some attention. The current status quo is a band-aid solution.