Bigger nerf pack soon?

It ought to be time to nerf the most banned heroes with small amounts.
Nerf Johanna shield or make the “unstoppable” effect end 1 sec after activated but shield can remain.
Nerf BW heal to balance out her ridiculous flexibility.
Nerf Valla Vault bonus.
Nerf Dehaka armor.
Nerf Hogger armor.
Nerf Genji lvl 7 shield gain talent.

There are some buff ideas too but this for nerfs only.

Honestly, I never have trouble against Johanna, nor do I feel any advantage when having her on my team. I don’t think people even know why they’re banning her.

Wait, what armor?

Could be cuz I often play Zul’jin and KTZ. If you compare Johanna with like Cassia and Lili, you can dodge Cassia and Lili by stutter stepping or positioning but there is no counter-play to Johanna double blind. You’re just blind til one of your allies dies and you lose the advantage of the team fight.

If you try to punish Johanna for overstepping you get the same problem… blind, blind, slow, D(Trait) shield. The hero is too forgiving for bad plays. It actually rewards it.

Doesn’t the heroes have base armor? Could be wrong then. HP reduction if there are none.
I would absolutely not mind if they were as fragile as Sonya.

Off the top of my head Dehaka only gets 50 spell armor at level 1 with the Enduring Swarm talent and…that’s it. He has a talent that causes swarm to reduce armor but I cannot recall anything else armor wise he has.

Base armor was removed a long time ago. Now heroes have to either have it as a trait, such as Garrosh, or it is tied into skills/talents.

For a while Johanna and Arthas had base physical armor while Anub’arak had base spell armor but it was eventually removed. I think Johanna had something like base 25 physical armor, Arthas had base 10, and Anub had 10 base spell armor.

Well, actually, not quite true now that I think further on it. Greymane gains 10 armor while in Worgen form. However it is situational and not 100% up time like the previously mentioned heroes had without doing anything other than exist.

Cho’Gall can toggle armor as well. I am sure there are other examples, but as mentioned genuine passive armor had been removed.

Dehaka does have an armor talent at 16, but it is very late game, and I usually take one of the other two talents instead.

2 Likes

Yea nontheless. An HP nerf of somekind. Dude is too tanky.

nerf zeratul’s 10 free blinks++++++++

1 Like

The only hero that needs a massive nerf, is Samuro. Maybe Reghar, maybe Zeratul. Everyone else is pretty balanced.

2 Likes

Dehaka can be Tanky for a few seconds if he takes Adaptation.

Adaptation

• Mana: 70
  • Cooldown: 60 seconds

After 4 seconds, heal for 100% of the damage Dehaka took over this period.

But you can completely deny the ability by attacking someone else, and sometimes he dies before it triggers. There’s no visual indicator to the ability, so if you attack him it sometimes looks like he’s just not losing health. But he heals after 4 seconds, then he can use essence is he has any, then that’s it.

Dehaka is mostly valued for his mobility (which has been nerfed several times) But power wise, he’s a bit on the weak side. He loses to most other bruisers.

1 Like

It’s funny, I finally got to play Sam today in ARAM. To this point I never played him after his latest patch and mind you aram is not the best environment for a Sammy and i destroyed some fool. The fact I pretty much have a mini fountain every time I windwalk and can just bounce at any point the heat is on me or clone out I realized that every game I ever played against a Sam and won was because that Sam player felt bad for us and let us win. xD

2 Likes

yep, Sam is freaking disgusting. Untouchable… and it has been going on for so long.

1 Like

So you want to nerf your dedicated counters?..

2 Likes

Well… when you put it that way, yes

Johanna is a counter, but I’m specifically talking about the lack of counter-play to her Blinds… Like I sometimes try to be unpredictable to dodge her blind effect but it’s WAY to easy to hit the blind.
She wont blind if SHE doesn’t waste the skill.

Just think she’s too efficient for such a simple ability. Heck they could add an animation delay on blind so u can see it coming to get some sort of counterplay.

Li Li has a blind that you can’t dodge. Nerf that stupid, evil furball!

2 Likes

Lili counter-play is easy… cuz she has a counter-play.

Build for more spell dmg in case of Johanna as Zul (or other AA Heroes). You can also position in ways that her narrow Blind either hits you or your team, but not the two together. And I won’t bother calculating the uptime of Jojo’s Blinds and how much AA that can cover (realistically), but I doubt it’s unfair.

I play Artanis, and Johanna is super easy to counter play. Li Li, not so much.

See that’s the thing, I prefer going full AA. I just dont like that Johanna can counter so easily with nothing I can do with skill to counter not getting blinded.

Yea that’s why i meantioned counter-play. Her blinds will only have 0 effect if the player is noob or if SHE wastes the ability. Otherwise you WILL be blind during the TF.

You’re more melee and solo hero as Artanis.
Me as Zul’jin am more team fight oriented. 1v1 ain’t much of a thing against a lili or johanna. I prefer to soak lanes, get a camp than to waste time missing on Hanna or LiLi for an ego fight.

“Issue with the player, not with balance”

Like, I get it, I go full AA build as Dibbles even against Jojo, but I don’t complain… cuz I win. Either try to improve your palystyle, or accept that you can’t pull this build off against her (or maybe, you don’t even lose against Jojo as full AA Zuljin yet you ask for nerfs)…

4 Likes