Being unable to pick Cho'Gall in draft leads to leaver status

Hello,

Me and my friend had Cho’Gall preselected in an Unranked Draft. There was already an Auriel locked from the first round, and two players without a preselected hero. At the next round of selection, shortly before the end of the countdown, one of the other players selected Varian, leaving only one selection slot for that round. We did not have time to select another character.
The game kicked us out of the game and gave us both the leaver status for 3 games. I understand that the game had trouble salvaging this situation, but I would have rather gotten a random hero or additional time than the leaver status. It feels to me that we did not have any malicious intention and the resulting sanction is more a bug than a feature.
Is that really intended behaviour?

4 Likes

This same thing also just happened to me, except in Ranked. Leavers hurts your rank too :frowning: plz fix

1 Like

this exact thing just happened to me and we were able to pick 2 heroes in the same time. i fell one and a half tier down fix it please !!!

1 Like

I’ve become another victim of this bug. At the very least there should be some sort of in-game warning about this rule.

Why is this rule not stated IN the game?

The game already makes it very clear Cho’gall is not a single hero, but two separate heroes.
They even have separate hero selection icons and can be banned separately by either captain.

Thus requiring a double pick round to be a valid pick. (And if someone locks before you - he obviously becomes unavailable, as that would mean you are picking 3 heroes which is not allowed)