Being a support doesnt mean you are a walking fountain

Then my appologies.
It doesnt happen frequent once every few week or so. But we all know the people even in masters if you do every heal and cleanse you have, some people just have poor positioning

Well of course, that’s actually quite common. But again, that is different from what you’re talking about in your first post.

You’re saying people are not going back to get health and mana when they are out of combat and then complaining to you that you’re not healing them. In my experience, that just doesn’t happen very often.

Nope, rather hearth than depend/hope my healer heals me up to full. Especially if the objective timer pops up, I’m definitely hearthing to assault objective at full health and mana.

Sometimes, I’ll be hearthing and the healer will start healing me so that let’s me know that the healer prefers that I stay so I’ll let him heal me up and then get back into the fight. Otherwise, bye.

its funny but this reminds me of a game i played not long ago lol.

i was healing and it was before the first obj. so one of the squishies (a jaina as i recall) ran out of mana and kept running in to hit ppl. i was thinking to myself. im not healing you… go b right now before the obj spawns.

i mean there were more important things to heal. like the two tanks who legitimately had a reason to be right up front.

the funny part of all this is they did this kind of thing ALL game. so i couldnt just deny them heals all game obviously. we would have lost if i did.

…but we won so it worked out anyway.

1 Like

It’s kind of funny, but I had the opposite happen in a match last night. I was backing before an objective to fill up, and my friend playing Morales said, “No! Come back!” Puzzled, I walked closer, and he said, “I need to pad my stats!”

2 Likes

“Only death cures stupidity.”

Proper healing is meant to remove the downsides of a battle of attrition. You offset the damage the enemy team is doing by throwing the kitchen sink at your key player so that your key player can do what he does best.

It is NOT to keep EVERYONE on their feet at all times. Healers fundamentally have their limits, and at some point have to consider triage methods to make sure the heals go where they are needed to have the greatest impact on the teamfight at hand… Not to enable a bloodthirsty gank just for the stat padding.

4 Likes

Well you changed the subject mate, my first post was just about the thing I wrote

i dunno. sometimes i want to think that all this coming back at the altar just makes them zombies.

you know who im talking about. sometimes you see the guys with 10+ deaths.

i imagine these guys are just driven by an irresistible urge to eat enemy brains. so they dive into the enemy and get their heads blown off.

2 Likes

shudap and heal me!!

TBH, I only see people flipping out about this during prime time.

Keep in mind, you CAN link the amount of mana you have.

I usually:

• Link the mana I have
  • Ping a warning in the lane I’m in
  • Port
  • Proceed to call the person who overextended after all those warnings an idiot for not paying attention; because you know he died from his own stupidity.

While a good support can minimize stupidity, you will have a very difficult time trying to carry games as a support. The role just does not have a big impact on the outcome of the game and ultimately whether you win or lose is ultimately going to depend on how well your teammates play more so than how well you play support.

I do think that some supports have more of an impact than other supports but still ultimately if you want to make an impact you’re better off playing another other role.

I mean, you said it yourself. The reason I notice the mistakes of my teammates is because it’s my job to try to minimize those mistakes. I only have so many CDs, so I have to prioritize which heroes gets what CD and sometimes it doesn’t matter because there were far too many mistakes and I didn’t have enough cds to deal with all of them.

Personally, I am aware of most mistakes I make in game and I watch my own replays to see what I could have done better. I know when I’ve missed a heal or mistimed an ult or important cleanse, etc.

1 Like

We need the new Hero:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: The moving Fountain :cold_face:

1 Like

Well, that’s you and I would say the same to you as I did the OP, you’re probably just not that great at support. And I say that with no judgement, because we’re each better at certain roles. I find I have better impact on the team when I play supports. The problem I have is when people project their own inadequacies to everyone else.

With your win rate, and attitude, I don’t think you actually do. You’re probably more hyper focused on what the other team has failed to do than your own mistakes, which is exactly what happens when I don’t play a support and am judging my healer.

It’s why I always ping my health/mana pool whenever I hearth so the team can at least know, and yet there are times where the team is blind (or cant read smh) and start pinging me for leaving them.

Like what can I do when I have only 5% mana left and a health pool enough to send me straight to the grave should a diver get to me?

I’m not as strong on it as I used to be, but when I mained support I held a 56% winrate. I stopped maining support because I feel like the role does not have much of an impact on out comes of the game, so I switched to playing bruisers mostly.

Though these days I don’t play as much as I used to, lack of time and I dislike the direction the game has been going.

You don’t know me, so I don’t think that you can have a good idea of what my attitude is in order to make judgments about it, Mr. I’m not judging you but totally am judging you.

You seem to think that just because I can see fault in my teammate’s play that I can’t see fault in my own play and that’s not only wrong but kind of dumb.

You can believe whatever you want though, but I think that if you want to try to prove me wrong, try doing a bronze - whatever your current rank is in solo queue and see how fast you climb.

There’s very few GM healer mains and most of them likely wouldn’t play support to try to climb from bronze back to GM and several pro players who played support on stream have stated that they definitely wouldn’t if trying to climb.

There’s a reason for that and it’s because you don’t have a big impact paying support.

The proper version is: “I can heal wounds, not stupidity.”

1 Like

As a healing main i go with this saying “i can only heal so much stupid” if you repeatedly die my mana is going to people that will acually use it correctly. I dont care if you report me. I dont care if you yell at me. You get healed when i deem it your turn to get healed.

4 Likes

The best is when they say.
Heal?! because you are out of mana because someone is just to demanding

Pretty true that being a support isnt a fountain. Unless, if your abathur, your then just a very VERY slow fountain.

Any-a-ways

True, you can’t HEAL stupid, its a wound. It’ll be gaping for sure, but overtime, if cared for, it can slowly close up, and only a scar remains.

Meaning: If you care, and teach them how to mend their own “stupidity”, teaching them and helping them learn, eventually, they’ll be as intelligent as the average person.

They will still be daunted by slow learning forever. (The scar)

You can’t fully cure stupidity, but you can reduce it.

1 Like

I don’t agree with the reduce stupidity approach. Instead, don’t waste your resources on stupid and kill the stupid on the opponent team faster and more often than they could kill the stupid on your team.

If you have stupidity on your team, CC provides far more value than healing. Even the stupid know to attack the disabled hero right next to them.

People seem to forget that supporting isn’t just about healing. It’s also about macro awareness and the follow up CC to the tank’s CC.

A support player who only stays in the backline and heals people who are already at 70%+ health, wastes all their mana before team fights, and never does any damage or CC is a terrible support player.

Provide CC and damage value most of the time, then have the mana and cool downs ready for clutch heals when it actually matters.

Bad players complain when they suicide and don’t get healed. Good players are annoyed when the support only acts like a walking fountain and doesn’t provide any other utility.

I’m at 70% health and 10% mana. Objective is in 20 seconds. Why are you healing me while I’m backing rather than also backing to replenish your mana?

It’s like some support players want to be pacifist humble potion vendor NPCs who stack their healing stats. The health would have never been lost in the first place if the support actually did some follow-up CC and damage and we got the kill.

1 Like