Been Playing ARAM, More Fun than I Was Expecting

It’s not really my jam, and sometimes I have to play heroes that I have absolutely ZERO experience with, which can be a bit of a cringe-fest of bad plays. Still, its more enjoyable then I was expecting.

I’ve been streaming and organizing the games into a playlist…

I’ve been doing the same with my Quick Match games. Engage and enjoy!

I haven’t the time to view your clips right now, but I just wanted to say that I appreciate a post here that isn’t complaining about small aspects of the game.

Your attitude of adaptability, I feel, is vital if you’re going to enjoy playing ARAM or QM. Both modes are pretty loose as they aren’t competitive draft modes (and ARAM uses no MMR at all), if you go in with the mindset that you and other players will make some “cringe” misplays on unfamiliar heroes, that’s the first step to enjoying these modes, without constantly only focusing on the flaws in MM or lack thereof.

4 Likes

I’ve made a conscious effort to not get involved with Ladder systems, opting for more loose and fast forms of play. I play games to have fun and queued ladder systems just don’t seem to provide that feature for me any more. I’ve even been playing more Co-Op in SC2 and Quake 3 Arena Death Match.

That said, if I had the time to spare, I would enjoy joining a tournament club of sorts. I’m feeling a more old school aesthetic in that way. Clans and Guilds rather than automated solo queues.

I’ve ignored these other modes of play for way too long.

3 Likes

fyi, you can choose where you throw someone when on garrosh.

1 Like

Yeah I know but for the for 99% of that game I couldn’t figure out how to do that… You have to Hold and drag I’m guessing?

I know you didn’t know, that’s why I’m letting you know.

If you’re playing garrosh, you’ll notice a horde symbol at his nearest target. If you press the throw button while having the mouse in the direction of where you want to throw them, you will throw them in that spot.

You could have gotten so many picks off of that early game. With KTZ, you could also pick someone up and throw him into KTZ’s abilities

2 Likes

I know. The throw ability just wasn’t intuitive enough to figure it out before the end of the game. Otherwise, Garrosh seemed like a good hero to play.