Become a developer!

Blizz is recruiting developers for HotS. You can apply here:
https://careers.blizzard.com/gb/en/job/R003854/Game-Designer-Live-Balance
I would’ve done so myself, if I was from Murica, and if I had done game development as official job, rather than just as a hobby :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

I mean this is a great sign though that they might be recruiting again.

17 Likes

Exactly this.
I wish I could apply, I love this game and I want it to be doing better.

4 Likes

Oh nice. So they are hiring more than just Senior Technical Artists.
Sigh…I wish I had skill in game designing, my skills for STA are not good enough and I’m just starting uni.
Otherwise I would definitely apply ;-;

2 Likes

Not a biology major, so guess I’ll have to pass.

3 Likes

Blizz has a lot of open jobs currently. They have been bleeding talent past year and a half. Most of the jobs aren’t newly created, but to replace people who left the company. Blizz is one of worst paying companies out there which is big part why people are leaving. They stopped profit sharing few years back which was the only thing that kept their pay relatively competitive. It doesn’t help that creativity is being squashed by poor management on top of that. Apparently Blizz wants to move away from RTS-genre at this point and wants more action and mobile gaming focus for future.

Most recently people have been leaving SC, HoTS and HS crews for the few new studios that were formed by former Blizz devs. If I remember correct Frost Giant is the one focusing on RTS-genre that got a lot of applications(and hired too) from the fore mentioned game crews. Personally I hope all the best for them. What’s left of Blizzard here is not the Blizzard from my childhood. That quite literally is the case as there is only single developer left from original Blizz left working for Activision-Blizzard :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I think that more Heroes developer will have much of the balance changes expected for Valeera & Valla hasn’t changes since last update having giving more changes in sometime.

Well that is a good sighn that they are willing to get more devs into the game. That just means Hots is not a forgotten game as many think it is.

6 Likes

I am passionate about this game, but I am sadly the wrong guy for this job, but I am glad to see they are looking for new game designers for Hots. Good catch, OP and good luck Activision Blizzard and Hots team for finding good employees.

1 Like

The main problem is - who will sigh for working with “failed MOBA” under Activision control?

2 Likes

Believe me. In a pandemic like this, with an unemployment rate this high, this is a godsend to a lot of people.

11 Likes

We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position.

Not to mention the work arrangements are pretty sweet - you will make balance patches or tweak hero stats from home.

Dream job for some highly skilled HotS player who also has coding experience?
Grubby? He would also fill the criteria of experience with SC2 editor and previous balance design (WC3 customs).

Getting paid to make the game you already like playing, more fair and fun to play.
At home.

3 Likes

a dream job… the opportunity of a life time… :expressionless:

Why not if you’re already a Grand Master who plays the game? Might as well get paid to balance it instead of posting reddit suggestions for no compensation?

I mean I’m not good enough to balance the game. But if I was and fit those criteria I’d apply.

You don’t even have to drag your behind to an office every morning. It’s a remote job.

1 Like

I hope Spazzo applies for this post.

1 Like

He spends already so much time with the game, he could get hired direct from the Door steps…

1 Like

They’re not really a good company to work for anymore. (Not saying this from experience, just from observation) Plus, they have a legion of fanboys who apply for positions relentlessly so they can always bring in new talent whenever they feel like it.

Besides, who would want to live in California right now anyway? Needing to have 6 roommates because you can’t afford your extremely high rent for your mediocre paying dev job, no thanks.

Doesn’t Blizzard has locations outside of the U.S?

Yes, but those are not dev positions.

This one will be based in Irvine California.

Well, then Activision Blizzard have to pay his employees well enough to attract people for a such expensive place I guess.

1 Like