Barbarian from D2

i know the Barb from D3 exists, but it’s different from the barb in D2.
He uses normal Mana.
He can use battle cries as talents to buff his team.
He can use berserk as a magical attack or be a frenzy barb

Knowing Zuljin already throws axes i’d take the thrower idea out.
Diablo 1 and 2 have many characters to offer in adding more heroes to the game.

2 Likes

The issue with this is that it could apply to the male Barbarian from Diablo III as well. Not only does he strongly resemble the one from Diablo II, but also Diablo III has a lot of unused skills and abilities for the Barbarian as with all the heroes.

As for a class like the Druid… Why Diablo II and not Diablo IV form? Could well be they save that up for Diablo IV launch.

Actually a good point, maybe assassin as she only exists at 2 and has some unqiue stuff like martial arts and kicks or traps.
and if im even more honest, i want baal more…

1 Like

The male barbarian from D2 is iconic of the game, and I’d be happy to see either that one or the interesting weapon swapping idea from D4 come to us as the representative.

As for Assassin, I would love to see her come into the game. I made a concept for her based around the Trap Assassin, as a corralling-based ambush melee assassin. You can find my take on her here: [HC] Natalya, the Viz-Jaq'taar Assassin

As for other concepts, the remaining evils would be excellent choices, such as Belial, Andariel, and Baal. People are also very interested in the addition of D2 Druid as well.

3 Likes

i saw your concept and i agree with you, while D3 has a barbarian aswell, D2’s one is iconic and has some sentimental value to me.
And as for the other evils, i think they could be a great addition, for example
The lord of lies could be really cool like what if he could trap you in his own pocket world and become huge like he does in D3? that would be awesome as an heroic ability.
and Druid and his shapeshifting, summons, or elements is a cool concept

1 Like

About Diablo being sure, we will had a Diablo hero soon, I recently start to playing Diablo and I really enjoy it, hope to see the more character to the game from D2 and D3.

1 Like

indeed, ive got a long history with the game series, and every time i go back and check to see if it’s nostalgia or legit fun i get real legit fun, the diablo series is amazing and atmospheric and it’s characters have a lot to offer.

1 Like

We got Sonya in the Nexus, there’s no way that the D2 Barbarian is no match for her.

while i don’t think he’s no match for her, while i do enjoy her kit and playing her,
a frenzy barbarian from d2 with double swing.

However i do believe that since we already have a barb from 3 we won’t get one from d2.

1 Like

Diablo II vs Diablo III, which will win in fight? :sunglasses: :smile:

1 Like

i think that the answer is obvious to diablo fans, D2 was gothic and dark, it was complex, it required thinking, it required management, and it wasn’t colorful in a way that felt like fantasy, you didn’t feel like a marry sue, you felt like you had doubts about being the so called chosen one, using the shops had meaning, using different skills had meanings, you could die, you had a the will to explore, i think that after playing all 3 games, i prefer 2 over 3.

D3 Barbarian for sure.

Give me a male D3 Barbarian so i’ll like you, or not I ask D2.:sunglasses:

yes, i agree, 2 seems more skill-demanding, from normal mode and up. Probably was intentional to make 3 very noob friendly, but they over-did this (yes, you could avoid dying very easily xd). luckily, hots is very difficult xd. But, about Baal as another new hero … I see could that happening; we got Mephisto, and he doesn’t even have an expansion named after him… and is very fun to play for a mage-user.

1 Like

They simply HAVE to add Baal at some point, they have diablo, and his legendary skin that adds diablo from D3, mephisto is the elder, so im led to believe they’ll add him.
The lord of distruction was REALLY popular back in his day.

Well Diablo 3 on begining was hard on infernal - dying after 3 hits max (4 or 5 with survive death) but than they wreck it down and it become boring. As for skills I guess they could put 2 different barbarians female diablo 3 and male diablo 2.