AZ Jackson promoted to Senior Game Designer

https://twitter.com/AZJackson85?s=09

Lets us all congratulate the man for his hard, passionate and good work he does everyday for us all to enjoy.

You deserved this AZ Jackson. Hope you got more stuff coming for us in the future.

37 Likes

OMG WOW just WOW! I’m so glad for him! I like all the Devs on here and they’ve contributed a lot to the game just as much, but he’s contributed in different ways that are good! Congratz! His name already looks so cool as it but now he’s evolved to SDJackson! :d

psd: SDJackson if you are reading this, please to ask WC 3 Reforged team to make ping 20-100 so I can clap Happy. Thnx :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

He collected the essence! HE IS THE APEX DESIGNER!

24 Likes

I knew it, he seems like the person on the team who cares most about HotS @ Blizzard at the moment. Also one of the few devs left who still on the rare occassion post on forums.

(Reddit posts are nice, but it’s sad how many devs neglect forums)

5 Likes

Let’s be real, the amount of trash posted here stagnate the ability to respond to a big chunk in comparison to reddit, if you want it to more frequently then the main page shouldn’t be radiated with smelly complaints or the same megathreads.

As for the topic, congrats! Finding balance in game design is more difficult than people give it credit, I’ve tried it and doing so right now, it’s not an easy job, regardless of game.

12 Likes

Congratulations to him! It is nice to see hard work rewarded.

10 Likes

Very true… And the last time he made a lenghty post explaining the “forced 50% myth” the first reaction of many users was to instantly dispute and flame the post. No wonder he just backed off from that “discussion”.

11 Likes

He really was almost on point tbf, but not wrong at all.

It just customers think they know better than the developer behind these just because of that one game where they discovered that Blizzard Entertainment was watching the game in spectator mode secretly and they clicked a button and made the other side win.

They were judged by high authority and knew something wrong so they grabbed that tinfoil hat and went to forums to warn people about the end of the nexus as we speak, forced 50% confirmed?!?!??!

8 Likes

That whole topic drove me absolutely crazy.

Gratz to AJ tho. This kinda news renews my hope for hots c :

3 Likes

Gratz but will he ever be promoted to MickaelJackson levels?
Or better yet to GermaineJackson level (when he was still doing only funk)?

2 Likes

Congratulations to his arrival! It is nice to see hard work rewarded for that.

Gz man, deserved indeed.

Good for him but bad for us considering he might get assigned to a more profitable project as is the case with most talented and hard working devs.

I hope not. If he gets removed too from the team i can see this game will be gone even faster.

1 Like

Congrats to him! Really earned it with all he does for the game.

2 Likes

A well deserved promotion and he has been most active on these forums and Reddit, has been a pleasure reading his posts.

From various comments it would seem some people really do believe that Blizzard is monitoring individual games like a big brother in real time. There is some thread going right now where someone thinks trolls are deliberately placed on their team. :frowning:

2 Likes

:eye: They are watching :eye:

9 Likes

Oh, but now who’s gonna work on balance… :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Game design is multiple things though, one of them is balancing.

2 Likes

But he can’t be the lead on it anymore.

Well, as long as it’s not the guy who made the last A.I. changes…

2 Likes