Available maps in vs AI mode

After today’s patch, I haven’t played any other map than Infernal Shrines. WFT?

Why would it even matters!?! It’s a simple request: If we play a game, we want a random map, no matter who we play with or against. Yes, we might end up playing the same map twice in a row but in the long run, we’ll have a shot at playing them all. Just remove whatever is causing the same 4 maps to appear in the rotation and the problem will be solve. Why make it sound like such a big issue?

1 Like

Infernal Shrines only here as well. I was so excited for the new event and now this has completely ruined it.

Likewise, I’m only getting Infernal Shrines after four A.I. games in a row.

Wow, only 1 map, that’s disgraceful! I’m now getting Alterac Pass, Infernal Shrines, Braxis Holdout & Dragon Shire. I forget the order.

I have not seen Haunted Mines since August last year. AUGUST I TELL YOU! And from something like 400-500 games this year I’ve had Warhead Junction twice.

BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX?

1 Like

I played many AI games today for the quests, and suddenly my map pool includes all of the maps. Up until now for many weeks I’ve been limited to just four. But seeing hordes of people being limited to just one map since patch could be a blessing in disguise. This is an opportunity for the devs to finally wake up after all these months, toss the existing code out of the window and rewrite it entirely after not being able to determine the source of the problem.

Mildly infuriated they didn’t realize yet that it’s primarily map diversity which makes this game much more attractive than the competitor titles. Many players aren’t even aware of the problem and lose interest in the game over it, and some have been stuck with the same four maps for months. Same thing with the current Storm League queue problem. People spend money on the game and are invested in it, and it’s been three weeks since they acknowledged the issue.

2 Likes

@futuron haunted mines was removed from the game last i checked.
i seem to have also be experiencing this bug since until recently i wasn’t getting alterac pass warhead junction volskarya foundry, and battlefield of eternity along with infernal shrines.

After mecha-patch my new map rotation is Garden of Terrors - Volskaya Foundry - Hanamura Temple - Towers of Doom. After a month of playing 4 other maps, It’s a welcome change, but it will be short lived as usual, since I know I won’t see any other maps for the next month probably. It’s really killing the game for me having to complete event quests with only 4 maps over and over and over… We’re now closing in on the 1 year mark with this bug.

2 Likes

Calling it a welcome change is the most tongue-in-cheek thing ever, and I’m pretty sure you’re also at this point cherry picking your words. My map pool is fine now but from previous experience I almost guarantee that at either next reset, shop update or brawl change, everything will break again.

At Blizzard they seem to be waiting for more valuable feedback on the issue, but at this point it is obvious that no one is able to provide it, because of how the limitation takes turn totally random both in vs AI and vs AI-COOP, and how many factors decide which four maps you will be forced to play.

2 Likes

Huh. Didn’t know it was removed again.

Well. At least, I’m happy to hear a confirmed case of “just keep playing” being a cure. I feel like the odds for have to be ridiculously low if we’re coming up on the anniversary of the bug and I still haven’t hit the map pool fix lottery across all my games.
I agree GriM, i don’t know what more feedback we can give. How did the bug affect you before your miracle, was it in coop or 1v9? Were you only playing coop to break the cycle? Approx how many games did it take? I feel like these are the probing questions one of the two remaining blues on this board could be asking, unless they’re quietly able to gather this data behind the scenes.

1 Like

I wish it were, my map rotation is again locked to 4 after the brawl changed last night. Sample size of 12 games, 4x3.

The bug is present both in CO-OP vs AI and solo vs AI. If one week it occurs in CO-OP, it does not mean it will happen in solo vs AI. But then again from personal experience, it might occur in both modes in the same week, or it might not occur anywhere at all for a period.

If it occurs in both modes, there’s a possibility of being locked to two different pools of 4 maps depending whether you are playing with other humans or with full AI. When spamming one mode or alternating modes between games the limitation will simply stay in place for the remainder of time until something else (or most likely, the players you are playing with) triggers a change.

This could be explored better within a controlled environment on a PTR/internal development realm, by using both fresh and copied accounts. The other option is to simply rewrite a lot of the code. At this point, trying to leave feedback feels like beating a dead horse because we only know where the problem occurs, not why.

2 Likes

Soon we need a birthday cake for this bug…

1 Like

This is so infuriating. I honestly don’t understand how this bug can still be a thing. I haven’t seen Battlefield, Infernal Shrines, Alterac, Haunted Mines in literally hundreds of games. Playing with randoms against bots don’t seem to fix it for me.

they are trying to get people to use the feature for “custom game” where you choose the map.
this is the only thing that can make my world make sense anymore…
soo many bugs, they must be intentional right?, right?!

1 Like

STILL getting this too. Currently Dragon Shire -> Alterac Valley -> Infernal Shrines -> Braxis Outpost. I only do solo AI because my internet is too crappy for playing with actual humans, so being stuck on this 4-map rotation bug for months has gotten beyond frustrating. It doesn’t matter what heroes I pick, if I restart the game, verify files, the only thing that changes it is when a new patch comes out, and then it’s a different four maps, although sometimes one or more of them are the same.

2 Likes

Same here…

In my case maps are different, but always the same 4 maps, until some patch or some update, them i have some “rotation”, but only with another 4-maps eternal cycle. Is really boring and frustrating… is impossible to play on IA more than few match… please, came on, we need a solution to this

1 Like

I would also like to throw a comment into this so they can see it’s still happening, regardless of when the post was made. Same old 4 maps over and over and over is horrible, especially when trying to play plenty of games for the current event. Maps I’m currently getting are Dragon Shire, Braxis Outpost, Infernal Shrines and Alterac Valley. It’s disappointing because I don’t get a chance for my favourite maps to come into play :frowning:

1 Like

I have exactly the same rotation since this patch!

I refuse to believe that an alleged AAA studio can’t figure this out, I can only assume they can’t be bothered…

2 Likes

Likewise. Same four for me as well in vs. AI mode.

Good luck and good hunting!
~~ Sabreclaw ~~

1 Like

Exactly my four maps too.

Playing in cooperative with other random real players vs IA work fine, bug is not trigger, but as soon I switch to IA team again (with or without friends), the same four maps again, and bug is trigger for my friends too!! now they have the same eternal rotation vs IA