Auto Attack Bug

Hero: Arthas
Ability: Frostmourne Hungers (Trait)
Symptoms: After activation Frostmourne Hungers prevents automatic attacking of enemy targets nearby via Basic Attack. After striking with activated Frostmourne Hungers, Basic Attack no longer automatically attacks nearby targets.
Stutter Step Method: Click the ground nearby the target to move (smart command for movement) and Stop command to stop movement. (click-stop-click-stop…)

Testing:

1. Enter Try Mode and Basic Attack Target Dummies with no abilities. Stutter Step around the Dummies and observe that this is possible.
  2. Step away from the dummies. Activate Death Coil, Howling Blast, and Frozen Tempest. In between each ability activation Basic Attack the dummies to check to see that each ability caused no Basic Attacks to stop functioning.
  3. Again asin #2. Stepping away for the activation of the ability. Activate Frostmourne Hungers (Trait). Walk up to the Dummy and hit it. Now attempt to stutter step around the Dummies.

Comments:
What I find happens is that Frostmourne Hungers prevents you from being able to attack enemies through stutter stepping. Which means you can not attack them by being near them. This impacts Arthas a lot since a big part of his play is slowing heroes in his AoE (Frozen Tempest) and attacking them as they try to escape.

2 Likes

Update:
I was playing Zagara today with a talent I pick less often.

Talent: Envemoned Spines

I found with the same as above to be true. I can walk up and stutter step around targets normally. However, after activating Envemoned Spines the Basic Attack targeting stops working for when you are standing near targets. Unless you directly click on something you will not attack.

Which again… this causes a lot of problems and a lot of missed opportunity when you expect to be attacking and suddenly you realize you arent. In the middle of all the effects going off this can happen.

1 Like

i wanted to bump this back up to the top because it is still affecting these heroes.

i tried it out in try mode again today on Zagara with the standard hotkey profile making sure its not a hotkey conflict. this happens even on the standard blizzard hotkey profile.

with Zagara i had to activate the evenvom twice to get it to stop auto attacking normally. however, it consistently does this. so it is a reproducible bug.

after the the auto attack is bugged the hero can literally stand next to the training dummies and will not attack unless you queue up a target. even worse though is that you can stand in the middle of the lane (i was using arthas bot no minions) and the bot constantly attacked me. Zagara did not turn to attack at all. this is in contrast to normal attacking where if you are near an enemy hero or other hostile enemy (minion/merc/boss) your hero will attack them especially if it hits your hero.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problems with many melee heroes. There are no auto-attacks after casting several abilities which sucks because then I have to spam right clicks or A-moves but sometimes it’s already too late and all my combo gets wasted. Maybe it’s a SC2 engine problem? I guess I have to get used to it.

2 Likes