Attack move on my left click - Valla

i wish if everyone sees it that way they mostly think copying a streamer talents or a good player in general talents and keybinds = ez win

improving my game with better key binds is not really coping someone, its using in game features to help me improve my gameplay that I saw from a stream that I had no idea even exist as its not in tutorials. but yes I agree, play your own way. I just like to tweak myself and my game to be better at it. for instance, I hated HoTS till I watched a YouTube vid where a guy talks about tips and mentioned change your game to quick cast. well after that my game improved immensely and I really enjoy it now that I don’t have to click twice only aim and shoot. I did not copy him, I listened to his advice and it worked for me. hence why I’m here, I saw a vid and asking opinions and I will try and stick with what works for me. so really appreciated the forums for this regard and everyone’s contribution.

yeah well i don’t see an issue with “giving tips” or finding a better way of playing the game through watching a video for tips about it! however you’re becoming a valla main now? i play valla she’s amazing hero

Yes indeed. I tried many toons to be my main, thought I will settle with Varian - don’t get me wrong I really love him and if I want to win a QM I will play him as in my opinion he is very stong and very easy to play with so after 7 months I tried a couple, I like Diablo but so does 90% of they players then I tried Valeera (I cant Valeera) and I am really enjoying Valla right now, she has so many option to choose from a Q build or a Hatred build, so yea she will be my Main from now. sorry Varian nothing personal.

1 Like

yeah varian can step aside for a while and open the way for Valla! atm i always go AA build with caltrops and she’s not really being banned at all since they’re mostly focusing on poor diablo and abathur and illidan i get to play her whenever i want in either ranked or unranked so much fun! plus now she’s even more useful than before but for now i’m getting orphea to lvl 100 then i can decide on who’s next!

and about valeera she’s one of my favorite same for nova these 2 are my best stealth heroes

What would you say is Valla’s best build for different team comps?
Best build vs Mele
Best build vs Assassins

best build “for me at least” is caltrops with hatred vs melee. and vs assassins depends if ranged or not but if ranged i go Q build and if melee assassins i go AA

I started using LMB before watching HGC, thank you.
Its more about the fact that if someone use it, its for a reason.

All the mentioned disadvantages and “its not possible” are simply false (I dont play Samuro much, so didnt pay attention, will check it). All what A + LMB does can be limited to L/RMB. The “on release” part also made my day btw lol.

2 Likes

Well they use it to kite easier with less mistakes, rightclicking in the middle of a group of enemies can be fatal.

And the A + LMB taking longer, we are talking like 0,000001sec here, that clearly doesn’t matter in HOTS, and is also a default in nearly all mobas and RTS games.

Using it is not a must, you can climb to GM if you want without using it, but it will reduce your chance for mistakes.
I use it for all roles, and it is especially usefull when playing Mages, AAs and Healers.

it all depends on the comp, map and enemy comp.
In like Cursed Hollow for example, i rarely pick Valla, mainly because of the tight tunnels you constantly fight in on that map, Valla needs space to move so maps with alot of tunnels aint her strong side.

My main build is Caltrops + Hatred with Shadow Beast(R).
It is the safest AA build you can run, but if the enemy team lacks gap closers you can easily switch out Caltrops for 20%+ movement speed.

If you had to first pick Valla, and you get ALOT of pressure on the backline from the enemy comp, you can run Multishot build/Hunger Arrows.
Hunger Arrows being the safest, but least amount of dmg.
Multishot has a good AoE potential aswell and quite alot of dmg.
Though i in rare cases find myself building Multishot, i use it as a last resort, it has the least amount of sustain aswell, so if you aint got a steady healer, like Auriel, Morales, Anduin, Whitemane or something with sustain heals, you might wanna stay away from this.

There are abit to many variables to consider when picking builds and talents to mention, but after playing her enough times you’ll kinda just figure it out for your self and take it on the feel.

1 Like

So after all the vids I checked and these forum info I have my hot keys set to quick cast and I changed “A” to LMB. and its working for me. thanks all again for contributing. loving the LMB + quick cast.

1 Like

Glad the input helped. I would say it is worth going into “try” mode and messing around on your favorite heroes to decide when “cast on release” is good for what abilities. A great example:

On Garrosh I use quick cast for his throw, but cast on release for his knockup. It lets you aim much easier and minimizes mistakes. The main tank for HeroesHearth had a good video on this last year. I find that there are similar abilities like this that I like to tweak.

1 Like

Whatever you use, activate attack move target point in settings.
You technically do not have to click on enemy to AA him.

You don’t want Attack-Move on any default movement/frequent bind, because it’s a very specific, circumstantial command in a MOBA.

Force Move causes issues with hanzo’s Q ability, maybe others??? So I made a regular SmartCommand right click with A left click hotkey profile for him. I just switch hotkey profiles after I have selected the hero for the match.

[Settings]
Grid=1
GlobalQuickCastMode=OnUp

[Hotkeys]
CameraTurnLeft=Insert
CameraTurnRight=Delete
Selection=Control+LeftMouseButton
StatusAll=K
CommandButton10=A,LeftMouseButton

[Commands]

[QuickCastModes]

[Modifiers]
QueueCommand=Shift
Announce=Alt

Bro.

No matter how much you’re helping, you just necroed a thread. You know who doesn’t like having to deal with those? I’ll give you a hint:

I use quick cast skills and attack on lmb, and rmb to move/interact.

It’s strange I’ve been looking all over forums to put these settings on a friends acc but not many people seem to know the hotkey bind for attack on lmb, they only press A.

I am still able to use fountain or whatever with just changing hotkeys> heroabilities(quickcast) > attack > lmb. also have hotkeys>gameplay>attack move target point.

attack on lmb removes that 2 step delay in pressing a, and use rmb in between lmb to move in between auto attacks.

Is this an Unholy sign for me to stop using the left click as an Attack move. I’ve been thinking about it and I know the muscle memory and skill will sling shot into WC 3 as an UD main.

Sorry to bump this, but this is quite relevant. I think HOTS needs to add a target reticle whenever you attack move? So when you stutter-step, it looks really cool and that it does look like you’re attack moving. For example, when you play WC 3 Reforged, or League of Legends, whenever you press “A” it turns into a target reticule until you press it. It’d look proffessional instead of a red arrow really. I saw it on the DK when I was stutter-stepping on a fort and thought, why isn’t that an option at least?

To be fair, A → left click goes so fast you shouldn’t really be noticing the mouse.

Honestly i’ve been away from HOTS for 5 months, so i can’t really remember the down sides too having the attack move command on LMB only, but i do remember that there were a good couple of downsides with it.
Which is also the reason i would stick to A → LMB.

BUT you can play attack move however you like, some people even play proffesionaly without Attack Moving, by just simply right clicking.
For me personally playing Right Click only became quite risky from time to time as you click like 400 times a minutte during combat, among 400clicks it is easy to missclick acouple of times.