Artanis Rework Idea

I now hate Khaldor for disliking Artanis XD

1 Like

Eh, everyone has irrational dislikes. I can’t stand Hammer, for example, and nothing pleases me more than killing her. Repeatedly. And to be fair, he did admit that the hero is a lot of fun to play!

2 Likes

no no thats completely fair. the people who DO, should be targeted and eliminated xd

1 Like

Thanks you for your wisdom !

I removed the Q cancel and added a little dash as a quest reward for Reactive Parry.

I used your idea !

1 Like

If you only knew :joy:.
Hoku’s Artanis is something to behold lol

1 Like

Yeah arty is legit after the last patch changes. I think his follow through talent sucks though. You can’t fluidly chain abilities and aa’s on artanis and the payoff is lackluster – the other talents on the same tier are more impactful.

1 Like

Would an activable to reset his D be OP?

Instead of being OP, I don’t think it would really help him all that much. A decent Artanis can already keep his shields up a good amount of the time, and he now has the ability to self-cleanse blinds by using a point-blank E. The times when he wouldn’t be able to manage his trait are the times he wouldn’t be able to use an activatable anyway, such as when he is stunned or silenced. That is why I was thinking a talent that would work specifically in those situations could help.

3 Likes

You know what I think would be interesting and at the same time balanced

A talent that lets Artanis cancel Blade Dash on something like a 30 to 60 second CD
Blade dash remains the same but he gains access to this deactivation mobility tool on a much less forgiving cooldown,

If ever he gets a talent reshuffle this could be something to look at for 13 for example.

1 Like

Arty already has good mobility, it’s just tricky to use. You can use W (dash), Q, and E to dodge skillshots. Of them, Q is the most vulnerable but still it is very nice for dodging ults.

As for retreating… I think arty has to play with his team. He can EQ someone over terrain to get away from them, but he can’t flee from >1 enemy.

Maybe something reminiscent of his unit in Starcraft 2?
Resurgence: when stunned, rooted or silence. Knock back nearby enemies, activate shield overload, and grant unstoppable for 1 second. 30 second cooldown. Level 13.

That was in the campaign, and it also healed him?

I like the general idea, but I think the Unstoppable is a little too much, and the CD should be longer. Artanis is pretty threatening to squishy heroes, especially if he has been stacking PoA. Making him essentially immune to CC chains wouldn’t be the greatest idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe just the shield restore and knock back then.

Really liked your idea, so I add it as a level 7, with a shield and a knock back !