Are there talent names that bothers/annoys you?

Is Mira Russian?

She sure doesn’t sound the part.

her Voice lines sound as if she were.

There are three Voice lines that are very remarkble:

They will most likely recorded these in the case of releasing her as a hero. But I haven’t heared any rumours.

1 Like

I don’t think she’s meant to be Russain specifically, just sort of generically Eastern European. It’s the same accent draenei have.

1 Like

I never though she was Russian.

On topic, Nazeebo has a talent called”pandemic”.

Yikes.

Pandemic has been a common word for centuries. There’s a game studio named Pandemic. I don’t see how that’s yikes.

The only game where I have to say yikes is the Boardgame called Pandemic, where it is the task to prevent a worldwide pandemic to break out.

It has quickly escalated to become reality this year.

Maybe I’m cynical after hanging out on this TV Tropes forum for too long, but “disease does disease things, ergo COVID!” really sets me off.

It’s a very flimsy connection when you get it a second think-about. This isn’t even the first global pandemic we’ve had on Earth, nor the worst.

You don’t say. It is also a team based game. Though I like this game.

I just think it’s of bad taste now.

I do recognize that this is neither the first nor the worst one in history.

I never pick it though.

It’s the first pandemic, that ingress so deeply in everyone’s life’s like none other before.
The spanish flu was deadlier (probably through the worse health of the majority of people at the beginning of the twentieth century, antibiotics haven’t been discovered) than Covid-19 but the virulence (the effectiveness of infecting a human being) is much higher with SARS-CoV-2.
My mother is over 80 years old. An infection with Covid-19 could be deadly for her.

I played it too, but if I would play it today, it would feel very uncanny.