Aram mirrors reduced yay

Do I have to point out the obvious

It’s one thing for 5 people to get Genji and not have the mechanics for it, or pick one of 3 heroes you actually know how to play instead of being at the mercy of who actually knows these niche heros.

Don’t even get me started on that shuriken siege

There is a difference between calculated risk and just creating unplayable matches where your team may or may not know how to use tracer.

Still waiting for one good argument - but it’s always the sky is purple with you guys

1 Like

Hivemind is a difficult thing to breech when people with low individuality need to it feel comfortable in a group setting. I would draw some parallels between people who thought Daibo 4 was going to be a resounding success and people who think 10 ARAMs are fun, but some people might get offended.

Sigh…this was a thing before mirror matches existed. You’re asking for RNG to be not RNG, but RNG to be controlled. You’re contradicting yourself and the essence of ARAM. I said this before to someone else:

You want QM on an ARAM map and or DRAFT on an ARAM. In short QMAM and DRAFT AM.

1 Like

Quick rule of thumbs: “arguments” don’t do anything.

Are you trained and experienced in giving a ‘good argument’?
No.
Have the devs asked for players to make a case that consists of a ‘good argument’?
No.

The expectation that someone make a “good argument” is a red herring; there aren’t any because nobody is going to do so. You wouldn’t be convinced by such, so it’s double-standards to expect as much.

added note: if anyone bothers to notice how much I actually talk about fallacies and implications of ‘logic’ by spelling some of things out – that people don’t read – you might figure out that there’s a big complication in people that demand an ‘argument’ but don’t know how to conduct one.

From what I have seen of your posts, you do yourself a disservice because you don’t read things through, and then try to ‘attack’ something simpler that you assumed had to be the case. I’ve pointed out two specific posts already where you are fixated on something the poster didn’t say, and now here you are trying to do the same thing to me. An “argument” isn’t just creating a strawman and ignoring dissent and non-agreement. Added note: there’s more than two sides to something, so operating on impulsive polarizations (agree/not) is also a disservice to you and anyone trying to discuss something with you.

Your pattern of creating falsehoods is likely a source of the problems you are experiencing with aram, and not just mirror modes. Added note: that sort of issue plagues a lot of people in their ‘real life’ – that they assert is ‘real’ but they spend so much time on escapism and self-deception, they bog themselves down so much cognitive dissonance, that they aren’t really ‘living’.

You have demonstrably been shown to be “wrong” in your ability to ascertain correction information, and in response you create different lies to carry on your conversation effectively with yourself. That is far more an imaginary world than the one I ‘live in’. Similarly, you are denying relevant experience I, or anyone else, have had in favor of projecting that your evident falsehoods are somehow more ‘true’ despite the indication that you are posting hyperbole and conflation.

Because you deny others, you then assume that that is what others are doing, so you respond with “moving the goal post”. I have not said you haven’t had leavers, but you sure seem to think that one game of you having them now indicates that all of your and everyone elses’ games have them. Do you even read what you are typing before you post? Am I going to have to pull up heroprofile replays to show you that “every” game does not have the issues you are claiming?

Part of the issue of trying to claim things with ‘arguments’ is that they generally don’t work on liars and ignoramuses. Arguments bely ‘proof’ and ‘logic’ and people simply don’t have the patience and processing for that. Since you haven’t realized it: you want change, so you are the one that has a burden of the argument you are claiming to want.

You similarly also have the ‘burden’ of learning how to play the heroes that you are afraid to use. In a ‘random’ mode, people are going to get things they don’t want by virtue of there being things that they don’t want. A simple secret to ‘happiness’ is that people themselves change their demands. Yea, I’ve had people afraid of a tracer mirror, but while I’m not an expert on the hero, I can offer basic tips and that’s pretty much all it takes to give people the nudge they need to change their perspective.

Being afraid of showcasing ones ignorance and lack of skill is offset once they’re willing to realize that they can improve and actually learn to apply themselves. However, the usual issue for people is that they don’t ever really learn to how to learn, they just get a small sample of where they think they’re “good” and then expect all the rest of the universe to spin around them instead.

We are offended by the displeasure of just interacting with you…no matter what you say.

1 Like

You will keep leaving normal ARAM just as much as you leave mirrors if the game dont suit you. So you can call me whatever you want but in the end you ARAM players are not any better.

You will still leave games if people dont pick what you want them to pick.
You will still leave if enemy team has a better team comp them yours.

Dont lie about that cause I saw that kind of behavior alot when I was still playing.

Only people that gets offended is those that keep leaving ARAM on a daily basis just to get mad when he gets banned for it.

OP will keep hating even if mirros are gone. He will just find something new to hate on cause some ARAM players are never satisfied. And that is a fact that has been here since day 1. Mirrors or no mirros OP will still cry about ARAM.

Aram has no MMR, contains the highest rng factor and duplicate Heroes were already a thing, plus it has the least depth as a map (single lane, no obj, often not even camps).
These are all to prove, that it’s not a serious mode (a thing ppl need to highlight talking about games).

Aram, QM, Draft (heck, even vsAI), ppl already leave games and act toxic.
This to prove that toxicity doesn’t come from a gamemode, or any feature, it comes from human nature. Ppl act dumb when their sense of control, or their desire to win is threatened by something they dislike or think it gives them disadvantage.

Now then, you claim there is no argument to keep Aram… is there any to remove it?
The issues you listed already existed before 10same matches, or even before Aram/Brawl.

I think, the only argument the jokemode which Aram is needs for any change is:

• Is it fun?

And the answer is: yes it is.
Whenever ppl tried to estimate its popularity, 3:1 was the ration of want:dontwant. With these, who are you claim it needs to be gone? The ppl who play the game mostly want this fun occurance.

I personally miss old QM (the one without the MM rules trying to create “balance”). But I wouldn’t ask for it, or claim ppl are dumb because they want QM to remain as is, because I can honour the desire of the majority.
But Aram, is a case, when my desire [to play 10 same matches] do align with the masses’.
So I’ll go “forum warrior” (kek, reason is always something you guys fear…) and I explain why it should stay, despite “no arguments”.

Despite all of these, I’m still perfectly fin if they lower the chance from 5% to 2% or even to 1%, because I understand, that even to those who like it can feel repetitive, and I care about those, who -for some reason beyond me- find this unfun.
And I know many “whiteknights” are on a similar page. Because they want the best of both worlds. Let those who enjoy it, have it, while make it rare for those who do not.

The best case would’ve been if there would be 2 Arams (and two QMs, two Ranked, etc), but the company betrayed this game, and now not enough ppl play it (or work on it), to have anything as a realistic expectation for such luxories. We say these as the “voice of reason”, and not to “protect” anything, or to “fight for the sake of a fight”.

And yes, I blame the company and its bosses for everything bad related to HotS (and tbh, related to everything in the world, big companies and millionares are the true evils).

1 Like

So you find your own reply offensive, interesting

And yet, I have consistently stated I don’t like mirror games. Now I feel so sad that I’ve been excluded from the “forum hive mind.”

Oh wait, that’s right, there is no forum hive mind, just different opinions from random people who, for the most part, have no personal relationship outside these forums, and you know, are just individuals and not the straw man monolith narrative you like to push.

Find some new material, your 80s sitcom like catchphrases are getting very lazy and stale.

We don’t personally support fascism but we would hate to see it gone completely.

hots devs, probably

this is what their attempt at making the game much less worse feels like

You are not playing enough SC heroes. Overmind expect you to do so.

1 Like

it has mmr, but it also tends to ‘ignore it’ since it broadens matching parameters faster than qm does.

1 Like

So, you didn’t find your school, not surprising.

1 Like

I appreciate the correction and clarification, but can you explain how MMR functions when ARAM matches human players with AI players?

The above is a rare occurrence, but I have been in matches where it can be three humans vs three humans with the rest of the team being filled out will AI Bots.

Also, in the past, Hoku posted the original Dev notes for ARAM where it stated no MMR was used in ARAM. This could have changed over the years, but I’ve not seen a blue post to confirm this change.

I’m still waiting for the pedantic and pessimistic Pure to say a single unambiguously positive thing about any topic, or anything for that matter.

2 Likes

Really? I just think they are a moronic, boring, hate-filled troll.

2 Likes

I will admit, there is an odd kind of satisfaction just watching Xen dunk on them. They are so completely out of their depth, they always have to pivot to finding one out of context line in Xen’s post to respond with some pithy comment, usually as a misdirection.

Apparently, this approach is the only avenue they have available, as they don’t seem capable of arguing or engaging with Xen on any meaningful level.

2 Likes

I know that Xen is using this to practice their writing skills, since it is essentially explaining and defining other words people don’t know how to use. I doubt Xen even considers them a challenge. More like how I troll the trolls, but with lengthy unbreakable logic. It is targeted. Since I know a lot of the regulars make plenty of mistakes, Xen doesn’t go out of his way to correct us. Unless we are sorely misinformed. Though, I would think that would be anyone trying to be helpful.

2 Likes

I haven’t looked at Hoku’s posting history, but what I recall is this post where Hoku referred to the announcement trailer for brawl and phrased the usual speculation people have made from brawl → aram. (which to be fair, does hold up with how mirror matching worked with the 5% rate)

In that same topic, the OP posted a quote from Spazzo from reddit:

aram has an mmr system, it’s just it’s pretty much ignored
like it’ll make a match before it’ll make a balanced match
but if there’s enough people in queue to make a balanced match, it’ll do that
it lessens very, very quickly
like quicker than qm

so that’s what I’ve been repeating since then. As far as how that functions, I haven’t checked other things spazzo has posted, but I can speculate.

The game already has multiple levels of AI and different version of that ai. eg ai acts differently when it’s on the players side (respond to pings) then it does when it’s vs a full team of ai (no player to ping them). So based on where aram may be trying to find mmr, it might fill a suitable level of ai, or like with qm’s ‘expanding’, it quickly disregards the target mmr and just fills.

Part of a system having mmr is the adjustment it makes after the match; if an ai is pulled, then it may not make any changes to the mmr regardless of win/lose.

2 Likes

Is there a petition to make it 0.02% instead?

Thats still 0.02% chance it will show up.

1 Like