[April Fools] PTR Patch Notes | April 1, 2020 šŸ˜‡

April the first, why are you so cruel?!

6 Likes

I also credit the overload of the site to the almost 8k views this thread has, thanks to Sami impersonating Loki :open_mouth:

6 Likes

These notes honestly murdered me. Amazing.

3 Likes

Damn, i wish that Anduinā€™s skill was real tho, would be awesome to pull enemies lmao

1 Like

Ah april fools. The day everyone lies about arbitrary and petty things and pretends itā€™s comedy.

3 Likes

About a week of work seperated on 2 months, this has been worked on since January 31, hereā€™s a thread I made literally leaking something I started working on in fear of taking so long to make.

The template that literally persist for like 4 seconds in video took almost took 5~ hours of work just to get the template right using multiple video screenshots (I recall being specificially from Deckard, Qhira and Anduin, slapped and snipped on top of each other and getting bandaged from the hard edges to make it as much right as possible).

Next I worked on some footage, recording took 1 hour asking some friends to join for some footage via Sandbox, I wanted to showcase all but I recall at one point I became fully depressed with editing it so I just dumped it all, idk I became anxious I think and I thought maybe the video is too much and out of my league.

I archived the project for a month because I was burnt out of it while writing the content and I had to maintain between college and also trying to finish some mods I work for a different game (2 in particular).

But then after literally one of the mods getting showcased (itā€™s the one on the left), it gave me the confidence to try again to make it right for Mercy abilities, the logos uses Deathwing spotlight as reference, I recall it took 6 hours to make the logo template (it might have taken less but I ainā€™t a photoshop master) and its just a cake walk with content inside of it which I simply had to figure out how to do right, I spent the last 2 week writing the last content and making the logos just right, then the last week making sure the video is made correctly, of course I was waiting for the voice script from Mochrie (the one who voiced the spotlight not me, my mic is trash lol) sooo it took longer than expected but I was cool with it nonetheless.

Yeah its a long story from look of it but if I would consider the amount of time it took I would say about 3 weeks of work, compared to my last year post which literally took at least 2 days but that thread had everything ready it was all just writing in a nutshell.

Also last year: [April Fools] PTR Patch Notes April 1, 2019 šŸ²

7 Likes

I donā€™t know why, but this just tickles me to death. I canā€™t stop chuckling.

2 Likes

Next patch we are gonna increase this by another week.

2 Likes

https://notbelial.000webhostapp.com/Heroes%20of%20the%20Storm%20PTR%20Patch%20Notes%20-%20November%2025,%202019%20ā€”%20Heroes%20of%20the%20Storm%20ā€”%20Blizzard%20News_files/ranked_shop1_2.jpg

Level 1420

Youā€™re not even being subtle.

1 Like

Knowing itā€™s April 1st, I knew what I was heading toward when I clicked on it.
But I am so glad theyā€™d never do something like that QM change. Eww (Though go ahead and removed UR)

1 Like

Oh hey, cool, new patch notes. So glad Sami always posts them. Wonder what cool stuff we fet

-ā€œNew hero, Mercyā€

Right, itā€™s April foolā€™s and we get nothing because everything is a lie!!!

(Though some of these changes look really cool tbh, good read, very enjoyable).

5 Likes

now this is some insane dedication to make a thread like this.

1 Like

All Heroes will remain free until April 13th! welpā€¦ i thought today would be the last day then i can play SL again but looks like iā€™ll just ignore it for 13 more days~ nice

2 Likes

How much of this is real- if any? Because thereā€™s a lot in changes in hero I think are actually really good, and could be a positive direction for HotS to take.

None :frowning_face:

Damn. So much for hope.

1 Like

So still no pit Lord Aggonar or Magtheridonā€¦
Damn he could be epicā€¦

Well done. I also like the 4th rework to Whitemane comment. The blind should be immune to blindness comment did make me laugh.

OMG: Anduin being able to Life Grip (cough death grip) enemies into danger would be fun.

2 Likes

Itā€™s 2:22 AM right now, as promised like last year, updating title with a tag, happy next day april fools everyone.

2 Likes

Ok.