Another Tracer Thread

Speaking of which I never dueled Tracer with Azmo. Is the auto-attack quest worth it against her? My gut feeling is that All Shall Burn opener, well-timed demons to block pulse bomb and dropping a Globe on your position followed up by a pair of AAs should scare away most Tracers. It depends on timing, though. I don’t think Azmo should risk dueling Tracer but if it comes to the worst this feels like an option.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=12625791

It could be a pretty decent Azmodan (75% wr this year on azmo), but rated 4k MMR three years ago? He would have shown up in GM ladder on battle.net. Platinum or diamond? Possibly.

1 Like

In 2015-2017 everyone sucks. Getting master wasnt hard. I have more trouble maintaining it now then in 2016. People actually know how to soak these days and KT isnt braindead OP

1 Like

Can anyone explain why I’m not allowed to post links. >.> Ugh

I am the AZMO GOD - GM know me and call me GOD AZMO - just please - tracer is broken - fix - have a nice day.

1 Like

Because spammers could join the forum and post spam links/viruses instantly.

1 Like
1 Like

I actually agree with this. Yeah, it’s wonderful that Tracer is a little more vulnerable than before but now she’s so much more consistent…

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Tracer is designed to be a hyper carry and hyper carries don’t work in HotS because you can’t build items to mitigate their chasing and burst. This is why the game virtually has no hyper carries outside of specific heroes during imbalanced periods, which almost always results in nerfs to turn them into carries.

Li Ming on release did this. Both Tracer and Genji a few years back, before their massive nerfs were hyper carries. Quira or however you spell her name on release was pretty close to a hyper carry (not quite though).

Tracer needs to be reworked completely imo but I’ve no clue how to keep her core concept without making her a feast or famine hero again.

5 Likes

Can you people stop attacking the great Azmo God FatE? your jealousy is showing. I’ve seen him play back in 2017, he was able to effectively 1v5 grand masters with his azmodunks. Frankly, if he says tracer is OP, that’s all I need to hear. REMOVE HER FROM THE GAME.

4 Likes

im not saying he isnt great but to call yourself the greatest because of stats of 3 years ago is a bit … meh, especially when we all know how season 1 in 2016 was

I’m not sure what “4k MMR, top azmo in north America 2015-2017” really adds to the topic but uh… ok? That was 3 years ago, times change.

Her damaged was shredded actually, so for you to be specifically being harassed off lane means you aren’t laning properly or you are really out of position in the process.

She lost a good chunk of burst and a good chunk of AA, 20 per clip, and almost 25% off of pulse bomb, which now deals less than a living bomb until level 10 (which at that point it deals the same damage).

As for the point over sustain? I agree, absolutely, its unhealthy and it should overall be nerfed, but compensate her damage currently she doesn’t consistenly provide the hypercarry role whatsoever, she survives, sure, but not the case of damage.

Her burst to even reach similar levels of damage like before requires her to commit over 3 seconds of melee range and combo ordered Melee -> Pulse Bomb -> Melee and some AA.

In other words, there’s such a massive counter play, its not even funny, that and on top of the fact that her Pulse Bomb was nerfed and by roughly ~230 less damage in the process if we compare pre-rework and post rework Tracer.

They should lower her sustain, increase her damage, if they want they can also nerf her health.

2 Likes

Then find some glue and repair her.

3 Likes

If tracer gets hit by a skill shot then she failed because her mobility means she should destroy li-ming

2 Likes

Tracer has limited amount of blink charges (especially now) and no movement speed boost whatsoever. She has a bit small hitbox but that’s all what helps her. Her blinks also have a relatively consistent distance (except they don’t now which is a bit annoying, thanks bug) so if you can win the mindgame then you could land hits. More importantly just as Tracer can initiate, so can you. I usually slam them against the wall with WoF, drop a Q+W, throw my auto-attack, teleport and auto-attack again. A lot of Li-Ming’s abilities don’t need much if any aim while others can be manipulated via WoF. Again, like I said the key is for you to be on the top mentally. If Tracer initiates on me I better peel her off and escape. If I initiate on Tracer then I make sure she’s either dead or busy licking her wounds. Fighting Tracer is more about mentality and knowing when to fight rather than leet dueling skills. Whatever you do most of her attacks will hit so you’re on a timer. Your job is to flip the hourglass.

Why do I feel like you just made an Alt Account to support your own argument?

Because you don’t grasp sarcasm.

3 Likes

You don’t even give proof that Tracer is OP.

3 Likes

My perspective on it is that I swat her away as easily with AA heroes/melee as I used to be able to, she takes a few more hits but does less damage in return. I think if anything, tracer’s changes made tracer’s team more threatening but maybe that’s because people put too many/the wrong resources into trying to hit tracer or because the people I’ve been playing with (bronze-gold discord friends… …:confused: ) don’t click her, they just run away unless they see me continuing to play confidently in spite of her being around. IDK m9s

Willyvereb do you play in NA?

@LenaOxton Small text story time for space efficiency and off-topicness. Also this comment was not edited, it was posted first-time with no changes up until this edit and it was marked as edited. NOT THAT I CARE OR ANYTHING *storms away*

I remember you played Lunara into me one game and my team was like “omg Lunara destroyed us… look at her damage… we need to ban lunara against them next game…” and I was like "Well… no, she didn’t. I think I recognize that person from the forums and she doesn’t even play Lunara that often probably. She only did 150k damage because we have Mal’ganis Zarya and we take infinite damage and our team spent most of the time nervously doing nothing during fights because they were afraid of Lunara’s TAB stats. What REALLY lost us the game was a) no camps at good times from neither our solo laner nor our team, b) not soaking anyway and c) once again, doing nothing during fights because we were nervous about having a DoT applied to us while we win a teamfight. So we don’t win the teamfight, we just sit back and let ourselves lose because once we’ve made up our mind that “omg this lunara is better than us” we’ve decided to play not to lose instead of play to win.

This was with a 5man of discord friends btw, ones who are in plat. This was like 3 months ago. I remember this game. I remember talking about this game. That group of people… they’re wonderful people and I love playing with them, up until they get up in their heads and don’t come out and start tunneling stupid stuff. That’s why they’re not diamond yet

No, I am European and a relatively casual player. Sorry to disappoint.