Angelic armament nerf was good but

Still no changes/buffs to wrath of the Angiris ?

Blizz nerfed Angelic armaments last patch, they probably saw in their database the big difference in popularity between it and Wrath of the Angiris and decided to nerf armaments accordingly.
Armaments was nerfed, Great. But Wrath of the Angiris is still in need of serious buffs.

I don’t actually know if the devs are aware of the weakness of this ult, perhaps wrath has a pretty good winrate on their database ? I don’t know…
But this ult is still (imo) one of the worst ult in the game right now, talking rain of destruction level here, and don’t get me started on the lvl 20 upgrade… we really are below the power level of the other Imperius’ talent at the same tier.

Plus the ult is so cool looking and really badass ! A shame it is this bad.

Please, do something for wrath of the angiris.
I suggest a shorter cd to begin with.

2 Likes

The other ult is not picked that much because the chance you miss the hero with it is really high unless you lucky to spear him and then ult him right after. The ult needs a lower cd or the animation needs to be faster to be able to grab someone away with it.

5 Likes

Displacement is really strong. I wouldn’t mind a lower cooldown but yeah any big change will just get imperius back to simperius mode. It’ll suck for everyone against imperius. It was bad enough etc got cooldown reduction on mosh pit

2 Likes

Probably.
It’s not like WotA was/is bad. It’s just Imperius was played as a Main-tank and as such, not removing yourself fro mthe battlefield but instead getting a burst of shield (and maybe dmg too) is more reliable than a (stong) skillshot.
Now that AngArm is nerfed, I think the two Heroics are fine as is.
I picked WotA a lot anyways.

Haven’t we had this thread a few times?
Wrath is a skillshot ult, by design it’s a risk/reward thing. I think it’s numbers are fine since it already does a decent chunk of damage, stuns and massively displaces an enemy hero while putting you in stasis. Landing it properly often guarantees a kill.
It’s a slow activating and travelling ability because it has such strong impact. He’s not a melee assassin so it wouldn’t be right for him to just swoop in and abduct your healer without giving any chance for counterplay.

Yup. You guaranteed to hit your Q after you both land giving you a really long single target Stun.

It’s is barely half the distance of Stiches untalented hook.
I always though the displacement was quite bad as considering the animation, it takes a lot of times to move a bit an enemy hero. The enemy team have all the needed time to save the target of this ultimate.
Also it cannot go through terrain, which is quite strange. Ninja like Hanzo or Genji can just easily jump through terrain, but an angel cannot pass it by being in the heaven :slight_smile:

1 Like

I doubt they did because how one sided his heroics are, all the nerfs were specifically done due his ability to fill the tank role, blizzard doesn’t want that so they nerfed his sustain dramatically.

they should increase the range of the charge, decrease the wind up and let him select where to land, kinda like Alex coming out of her fire ult.
(but with less range because that would be kinda OP)

or perhaps the best buff would be to keep everything how it is, but if you miss it goes on a 10 second cooldown.

also it should actually remove the target from the board while airborne,
currently if you grab a dva mech that is about to go boom, fly up into heaven…
it still goes boom anyway and hits everyone underneath you…

1 Like

Same goes for Falstad that flies over a mine field with his Z He still gets hit cause that how the game is.

Most basic(*) mobility is like that.
I remember for a time it was a popular topic but it seemed like players just avoided targeting jumping Muradins and Yrels because they thought they were unstoppable or something.
But really their hitbox is still very grounded and not midair.

Wouldn’t that be Pimperius, and not Simperius?

1 Like

but not always, like Jojo’s Falling Sword ult, once she’s up there she can move her landing spot around and she’s effectively removed from the battle, she doesn’t interact with anything until she comes down.

i’m not certain but i don’t think she triggers aba mines.

It just looks like that. Actually it deals no dmg, I often countered D.va with this.

hmm, i’m sure i’ve done this and it still did damage :open_mouth:

1 Like

Maybe the timing was off (or I dunno, possible that they considered it a bug and fix? or it got bugged? I might test it latter for sure).

Dva bomb does barely any damage so maybe it’s just hard to notice? /s

All right, tested it. It deals dmg. It either got changed (intentional or not), or I just didn’t notice I didn’t help with picking it up.

2 Likes

thanks for the test! :slight_smile:

1 Like