AI reporting system

get rid of the of the over rated AI System and rework it the way it should.. because alot of people get reported for absolutely nothing wrong and yet get banned for it, or get reported because of jealousy etc.. what im saying, i think the system needs alot of work.. im sure if they fixed this, then might get people back. “never know”

3 Likes

Most of us who has played this game for a long time, know it’s short comings of the current implemented systems, the MMR search algorithm, the small player base, the questionable reporting system. I’ts a game that has pretty much been left in sort of life support, and lately we been getting patches, reworks, and also changes to the core of the game such as towers and fort targeting priority.

I think if enough people made a huge threat i think they might listen and made a change for example. Tbh I don’t even know if it is an AI system tbh. Who knows if it is a grumpy old microsoft employee banning people without any reason.

The only way we getting fixes and changes, its by letting the game back into development and with Blizzcon, we got something. More than anything last 5 years or so. Heck we even got a new hero.

1 Like

Call me cynical, but every time somebody claims here on the forum that they got banned for doing nothing wrong, they show just by their posts and responses that they were, in fact, doing some things very, very wrong.

2 Likes

As I was saying . . .

1 Like

Turn off chat and dont talk cause its the only report option that does anything. Reporting g for nonparticipation and other actions in my opinion has zero consequences

Thanks for this factual, objective description of the process.

Like a constant annoyance aren’t ya?

1 Like

Garbage in, garbage out.

If anything, I think the only thing people should be getting banned over is throwing the game or saying slurs… I don’t think anybody still playing this game would be egregiously offended by players being toxic, and even then, you can always mute them.

Glad you admit it as part as yourself

Exactly. If everybody were as self-aware as I am about what lines they’re crossing and why, there would be next to no threads claiming “I was banned when I didn’t do anything wrong!”

“Throwing the game” is too open to interpretation so it would never be used as a report option.

I remember a blizzard post a while ago saying that a lot of reports for “non-participation” were not actionned, because it could just be “How the player plays” . Even if they were passive for long periods of time.

2 Likes

Yes, but I mean specifically in a non-objective manner like in Weekly Account Suspensions for Non-Participation , players who are trolling games on purpose.

1 Like

But that was posted on September 18th when at the time they had moderators and support staff for this game and now they dont and now afking or non participating has no repercussions

1 Like

I worry about my account getting banned, I’m not good at the game to be honest (I never play ranked for this reason), and I hear horror stories about people getting banned for no reason and I wouldn’t want that to happen to my count. Especially since I have almost all heroes and so many promotional items I couldn’t get back.

2 Likes

While not a majority, there have been a decent amount of people unjustly punished or banned. I’ve had some friends who had in-game chat completely disabled for the entirety of their play time in HoTS and end up getting temporarily banned exclusively because of unwarranted reports.

The people in my group who have had that happen to them are not AFKers, they aren’t toxic, they don’t leave games constantly, or even ping spam. They’re just normal players who play at an average level of skill and exist inside the game like everyone else.

It’s really hard to defend HoTS and convince them to come back and play with me when jokes about getting temporarily banned for nothing are a legitimate concern.

Being ungood is supposed to not be a reportable offense.

The idea follows that if a player is reported enough times for ‘anything’ it might lead to an account action, but there are gradations of punishment; only players that ‘intentionally’ (repeatably) exploit game functions or cheat go from 0 to banned.

Usually the ‘banned for no reason’ comments come from players that aren’t correctly describing what happened to them, or what they do and essentially expect that claiming ‘no reason’ will rally support on the forum to turn the appeal around without them actually going through blizzard support ie. the people that actually do something about reports and bans.

A number of smurf/alts that get banned multiple times have low-level accounts (sub 200) have been actions before, and tend to play for long-stretches of games at a time. Otherwise, players ‘assume’ there’s some sort of trust/resilience to reports for older accounts than smurfs made these days. I don’t think that is the case, I think it’s likely that newer accounts are in an mmr range were more players essentially ‘report everyone for everything’ because they’re vindictive smurfs that re-rolled a new account.

The ‘typical’ player that plays ~3 games a night (clear a quest) tends to not have action taken against them in casual modes. Players then spend 9+ hours a day playing games tend to encounter more unique players, which runs up the risk of generating enough ‘unique reports’ in a window of time that the automated system might react.

As other players have pointed out, a number of known troll/griefers seem to constantly avoid punishment, but people usually don’t track one of these to see how many games they play in a single session and see if they use time to avoid getting enough reports to trigger the automatic response.

1 Like

If you don’t insult people in chat, you shouldn’t worry. Being bad at the game is not reportable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did they come to the forum to complain afterward?

And, just out out of curiosity, what percentage of your friends who play HotS has this happened to?

Lets be honest here.No one gets banned for nothing.

I have been banned so many times and every single time, with no exceptions, they were deserved.

Even if you dont type nothing in chat, but you die 12 times as Imperius doing dumb things, 100% you get reported for intentional dying.Or you never come to objectives to help team you get reported for AFK.

So i guess that not only the chat report does something.And im glad it works.Feeders or AFK-ers are more damaging for the game than chat toxicity.

1 Like