AI Mode is Unplayable

This isn’t really fair, even if it was a funny joke. Most of the problems with the AI proceed the dev working on it currently. I would never defend the state of the current AI, but he seems to be working with limited time and resources and was left with a massive mess to try to fix

1 Like

Understandable. So when do you think they will throw in the towel, increase the amount of micro transactions to get a team to fix AI?

I mean we can make due with a mode that doesn’t have any AI, right?

I’m sorry but can you give me concrete example on how AI has been better since the announcement they made about the biology major working on it sometime after Xmas?
AI no longer has any independence. It’s now a brick that stands at hall of storms doing nothing when player leaves/disconnects. If you ping it to follow you it now has leash range of something like 4. When enemy is outside it, it doesn’t function properly. That left ranged heroes and half range heroes basically not functioning at all.
Only thing I can think of being technically positive is it made AFK farming in AI harder for smurfs. On the other hand now they will need to be leveled in PvP stomping noobs which I would count as bigger negative.
I know people complained about AI invading camps in coordinated manner prior Xmas(which I would consider good thing). Dunno if that was something that got changed/fixed in AI games?

This is really uncool.

2 Likes

The AI of a leaver player returning to base is a double edged sword I will admit. It does stop the AI from feeding, but it can be annoying if you die and someone else doesn’t ping it during a fight. That really though is on the player.

I recently cleared a few quests quickly in VS AI, yes they still invade camps, which isn’t a problem.

I’m less concerned with the AI replacement in PVP games, I hope more for improvements to the large playerbase who exclusively plays vs AI. The Dev working on the AI is friendly and very much willing to listen to the feedback in his thread. We can’t expect him to fix a 3 year mess in six months.

This so much this Its gotten worse not better. Maybe its time for the Biology major to go back to Biology… His bot programming is … not good.