AI Mode is Unplayable

Still broken. Blizzard cares, guys.

Call it like it is. They are utterly incompetent.
I have lost track of how many ‘improvements’ have been made that just made the AI worse.
Their solution.
Keep them in town.
It would be unbelievable if it wasn’t Blizzard. Instead, it is just par for the course.
They seemingly have zero pride in their work.
They seemingly care nothing about user experience at any level but GM.
They can’t be bothered to do anything on their own forums but to reply to meme threads, or delete ones that tell them exactly how craptastic the AI is.

just play co-op vs ai mode, so you have human players with you. Most of time those player are super chill and you could do whatever you want.

2 Likes

Or alternatively, play A.I. Recruit, Beginmer, and Adept since those 3 are the most competent ones. Hard and Elite tend to do whacky stuff and die.

1 Like

Despite their flaws, vs AI is still a fast way to finish quests. But who really plays Vs AI anyways unless they want to finish quests or learn the game?

Sometimes it’s nice to be able to pause the game. Only reason to play w/ AI allies imo (and it’s a legit reason). The AI allies are still infuriatingly stupid though. Makes me wonder if the “biology major” working on the AI got fired. He certainly doesn’t seem to have done a damn thing since the dev update about him…

I’m not one of them, but some people just prefer that and simply don’t like playing against people, some people like to use it as a warm-up, some people play it when their ping is being weird.and unreliable.

Some people play it to practice. (Some people here will claim that you’re a jerk if you don’t play till like, level 5, with a hero in vsAI before you play with and against human players.)

Personally I’ve only ever played vsAI for Gazlowe as he was the only hero whose trait I was pretty vague on before I tried him out.

4 Likes

People who hates playing with/against other people. People who think they’re not good enough to play with real human teams. Practice. Warm-up. Bad connection. Quite a number of reasons actually.

4 Likes

I kind of understand why they have necro the thread, the AI really hasn’t improved. I feel quite bad for those Vs AI mains, it must be terrible. Over two years with dreadful AI.

They should post about it here though:

At least they can talk directly to the developer who seems nice and open to ideas.

2 Likes

I don’t really care that much about necro, it’s just something I picked up from Catherina. Little tradition I guess?🤷

But yeah the AI needs improvement, to say the least. Definitely understand the frustration from AI players.

1 Like

I used to throw on AI games while listening to a podcast so I could do dailies on days when I didn’t really want to play HotS. Key word being used to, since the AI is so borked it’s just stressful and annoying now.

1 Like

The vast majority of the playerbase considering it’s the only queue with constant consistency?

1 Like

Yeah. it’s annoying.

Oh. Didn’t know.

I’m modestly sure it’s always been one of the highest population queues. I play at least one match anytime I log on to check my ping, and I almost always see levels in excess of 500 playing.

I get where everyone is at but we can’t discount or exclude casual players just because. That said, AI being broken is undeniably a bigger concern in terms of AI player replacements in non vs AI modes.

1 Like

It had almost no matchmaking rules^ outside of your AI level you select.

It is like brawl in that aspect.

^it might have no matchmaking rules. I’m pretty sure it blocks some compositions that aren’t in parties. I.E. no 4-5 healers. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

Wow, this is VS AI and you’re playing the void of meaning “forced diversity” card? I guess when you have no vailid arguments you say the usual buzz phrases like “forced diversity”, “Blizz is for SJW” and “Blizz is for AI rights!”

2 Likes

I didn’t know here I just convinced to some heroes that I did expect about these good times.

AI improvements are like Skiing. It’s always downhill.

You realize our AI is being developed by biology major who has no experience in making AI? At least he knew how to do a lobotomy to the AI! :wink:

2 Likes

Ouch! Good one!

Yeah, I knew about the biology. Should’ve hired Janitor Leoric.