Afks never gonna end

I have not touched this game in almost two months and i come back and play 13 games of storm league in a few days and I have had 5 afks who just sat at base until the game kicked them then they rebooted and went back to base.

This is exactly why no one wants to play this game, You got a bullcrap report system that punishes people with no actual actions but afks will be ignored forever. Games dead people blizzard gave up and its time for us to do the same.

2 Likes

why do you keep coming back if you hate this game so much? Deep down I know you do love this game or you wouldn’t be coming back. Just get out of silver league and you’ll see it gets better. Soak, don’t die more than 2-3 times per game (or you played bad and deserved to lose) and split push a lot. Thats how you climb in lower leagues.

I am diamond buddy. I do love the game but no reason to play when you are hard carrying every single game or at least trying to do so.

Game is 0 fun knowing you have such a high chance at a afk in this game that its killing it.

In every rank, even more so the higher you climb you have to aim to “carry yourself” in every game, that’s the basic expectation on yourself if you’re playing competitively.

As for having 5 AFK/Troll players in a row, it happens. I’m not in Diamond like you, but only Platinum, but I had the same a few weeks, it was for me 7 games with deliberate AFK players. I didn’t even come to the forums and complain about it. One of those games my team managed to win, with the AFK player sitting in spawn denying us even the AI.

I agree with you Blizzard should be, and should always have been tougher on people who grief games, rather than how much attention they put into Abusive Chat. The thing is, even if they were more strict and had better systems in place, you’re still going to get unlucky from time to time.

I bet you were toxic, chewed them out, and didn’t report. You’d have to have done all three otherwise there’s a chance the system worked for you and you’d have nothing to complain about

I don’t think it’s fair to say he was toxic. It’s probably true though when you said he didn’t report. According to someone who once posted here from CS, apparently players massively under report for AFK/Intentionally dying players.

1 Like

True. First part is only a hunch but I still bet my opinion is on.

I stand by it but I wouldn’t presume it was 100%. Just definitely not 0%.

Ban system haters don’t like reporting because they know it’s a slippery slope that leads back to them.

Something something every time you point a finger something 3 fingers back at you.

I dont play with chat on. If you speak in game you get punished.

1 Like

I hope you reported the AFK players? People don’t do so enough, which is why they constantly go unpunished.

1 Like

Ye if people forget to report people after a game then its obvious the afk wont get reported.

I mostly do it when i’m dead or when core is going down and half team is already dead or at the score screen if not.

I already had 22 e-mails so far but ofc I dont know which players that those 22 effected. If those 22 are from people I reported 2-3 years ago then its close to waste of time to report really.

2 Likes

I do but never seems to do anything.

I’ve posted it a few times, but I’ll post again: I don’t think the vast majority of those even leave on purpose.

Their toaster PC or laptop crashes because it can’t handle HotS. You can often see them reconnecting and disconnecting 2-3 times as the match starts, then they are permanently gone.

It would be nice if Blizzard forced the ‘very low’ settings for computers detected as very old, or even incorporated that mod from Reddit that enables ‘extremely low’ settings that eliminate crashing on toasters almost fully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/g3piro/i_reprogrammed_hots_so_you_can_play_it_on_a_poor/

1 Like

This happens all the time and I am fed up with it as well. Why am I getting a troll each game while the enemy team is a 3+ man premade with no trolls. I as a player am discouraged when someone is afking at base or trying to lose the game on purpose cause there is nothing you can do. Even at my level I can not always hard carry these players and even if you do, that isnt fixing the problem.

This is a good point and I don’t know what players expect Blizzard to do about it. It’s the risk you take in solo queue, you might get unlucky and be matched 3 games in a row with someone who AFK’s unintentionally or purposefully.

2 Likes

Now how about the people who just hearth back to base, only to use a skill or ability to transport them into lane only to hearth back to base to avoid the afk timer?

That’s bannable. If you report those people they’ll have plenty of data of those players’ very low stats every single game while barely moving at all. Should be enough to permanently lock the acc.

Iirc, afk penalties are manually handed out unlike the abusive chat ones so that could take a while though. They send you an email if they got banned or suspended.

2 Likes

ok so then what about me getting these players almost every 3rd game? Like nothing is being done about that. If you get a game loss and someone in that game was banned, you should get your points back

That’s been suggested forever, and it should be a feature. Sadly it isn’t.

At least give us back 10-20% of our points if we had an afk like that.
The person who left would be deducted the forgiveness points from.

2 Likes

Exactly so what is encouraging players to play ranked when they are gonna lose a third of their games due to afks?

If they can’t or won’t implement proper AFK loss forgiveness, then I love your suggestion. Why they don’t just do this and haven’t is baffling. Especially now when you consider how wonky the AI replacement is.

1 Like