Actual proof that you can turn 4v5 games around

https://easyupload.io/17yglt

So here be a replay file for those that are interested in watching

I believe that this was my first ever win in the Americas Region on Quick Match

I was playing Nazeebo and had a leaver Murky on my team and my team still ended up winning

Far from my best performance but I wanted to share this with you all

I wanted to watch this replay with phaseshifter but he has been busy

Also it is really interesting that replays allow you to see the Team Chat messages that you did not get to see with Team Chat off during the actual game even if you have Team Chat off while watching the replay

I noticed someone on my team going “gg” before even five minutes had passed

At the end of the game my team was saying “gg” for different reasons and it made me happy

3 Likes

Yup. I’ve had that happen a few times, when a guy left and the rest of us managed to keep it together, and end up on top. Despite morale taking a hit early on.

2 Likes

How are you finding the Ping on NA?

Sometimes it genuinely feels better having the ai than the player who left.

Especially if they are never turning up to team fights.

1 Like

On rare occasions, you can win even 3v5 games. Happened to me a few times.

2 Likes

I…I mean WE won a 3v5 game recently (I’ve won a few of these before). I simply pinged the healer to follow my Azmodan and led the charge. The Chromie on my team was okay but he could only do so much. Azmo auto attack/orb build with an AI healer was able to beat 3 of them at once. I only died like 3 or 4x when they bumrushed me and they’d always go for the bots first. So a lot of 2v5 of 1v5 stuff on Azmo’s part to hold them back while my team respawned. I got lucky I rolled an OP hero with the 2 leavers. ARAM of course.

You bet I voice spammed them nonstop for the last few min. I reported both leavers also.

I honestly didn’t even interact with my team at all and this has happened in quite a few games with leavers

As if that even helps

It’s alright

No serious lags so far

I have won games with a bot on my team so yea it can happen but how often does it happen should be a more inportant question.

How often does a team with a leaver/afk win a game ?

I ask this question mostly to bring more context other then saying ‘‘ah we won with a bot so it can be done’’ without knowing how often it actually happens.

1 Like

To be on the safe side; I’ll say that it’s definitely on the low side

It’s hard to remember the amount of games where I’ve won with leavers on my team but it has happened quite a bit

And just like Karabars and others here; I too have had games where I won 3v5

Leavers were a Li Ming and Artanis in one of the games and I was Arthas slowing them all down

We became one huge ball of death for the enemy team and absolutely stomped

Imo, it does not matter how common or easy-to-pull-off it is. It’s doable, and doable due to skill and will.
The message is not that it isn’t a disadvantage or an inconvenience. It’s to not give up. Never declare the outcome beforehand.

3 Likes

Also, some of these ‘4v5’ games might have been 4v4’s. Your team had a leaver, but then at some point of the game an enemy got a leaver too, and you managed to win the game as usual.

This is hard to verify though, because it’d require you to watch the entire replay again just to see if an enemy player has disconnected and become a bot. Who does that, nobody.

That being said, 4v5 games are winnable. In extreme scenarios, even 3v5’s. It’s not worth giving up a match just because someone left your team.

2 Likes

Amen to that

Even in the replay above I had a player declare “gg” before the game was five minutes in just because they lost a fight

And we still came out on top in the end

That’s key, I think. The games where I’ve won with AI was when nobody on the team freaked out about it and just kept trying. Grace under pressure and the ability to adapt, AFK or no, probably is one of the largest factors that leads to a win or loss, at least in my MMR range.

1 Like

Quick question how do you upload replays like this?

You go to the site I linked and take your replay file and upload

easyupload.io

I can help you out better on Deezkords since we are friends over there now too so send me a message over there too if you are having trouble

1 Like

Looks like you have to pay a subscription or it gets deleted after so long?

1 Like

Yeah it lasts for up to a maximum of 30 days without any kind of registration