A ridiculous add that uses HotS characters

I mean, it looks all right up until 6… 7 is, bearable.

8 and 9… TF?

1 Like

There’s an entire animated show based on HotS characters.

1 Like

I was mainly talking about the Nova clone, while Blizzard doesn’t own the blonde in spandex label it looks a loooot like if Nova were anime. Colors match and everything.

2 Likes

yeah, the sad part is it would take just as long to make the character look like Nova, but not close enough to be an obvious copy.

Don’t add the headband/vision on hair…
make the armor wrap around her slightly different…
use different colors…

I think it might have actually been faster to draw… given it would be less complex… But I don’t draw much, and I certainly don’t draw using computer programs much (I imagine this was not hand drawn).

1 Like

It’s the Youtube one right? Or is there another animated show based on Heroes that I do not know of…

1 Like

IIRC it’s an unlicensed (yet another) Chinese Rip-off.

1 Like

I’m thinking that is a piracy site, the art on the ad probably isn’t even owned by them . Which must be pretty frustrating for the artist who made it, having it tied to company who is probably using it or nefarious purposes.

Edit: Should have read the thread, Definitely not the first to reply to you with the theory.

“Sexy Galaxy”

I’m decently sure this isn’t for a rip off moba. If I had to guess that ad probably doesn’t just run on “manga” sites either.

It’s probably isnt a moba to begin, just an idle game where you spam the screen with your thumb epic style because this is what real gaming.

Maybe it’s not even that, maybe its a click to win the lottery, boy how lucky I am!

5 Likes

You have been blessed.

Alot of these rip offs seem to be for mobile devices. So the most important question is…

Dont you guys have phones?

Anyone recognize the Nova drawing? Tried digging around for it and gave up.

It’s official Blizzard art that Blizzard did not accept and the artisan uploaded it to those artsy fartsy websites where girls used to upload their stuff but now it’s like both genders upload digital art. There are many sites like this and people take the things from there and just erases the copyright notice on the bottom. It’s like whatever. I don’t think that the rights of people should be respected.

Where it’s the biggest market to grab cash from impatient mobile “”“gamers”“”, the artistic integrity in this market is so shallow.

I think its “ad”, short for ADvertisement. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Simple answer: There are so many games being put out every day on so many different platforms (and many release in only one country/region) that it is nearly impossible to get any kind of overview. Even if you make that your full time job.

And if you also have to make an account for, install and run every potentially infringing game, you could probably have a team of 10+ investigating new stuff as their only task and they’d still miss stuff (even if they put in as much effort as they can).

It’s a good thing all those copy+paste mobas of HotS didn’t rip off Carbot animations; imagine a Moba with Carbot’s version of hots heroes! instant top moba!

2 Likes