A Message from Alan Dabiri

the laning changes were basically the unofficial 3.0

8 Likes

As someone who played the hell out of other Mobas like Dota 2 and LoL, I have to thank you as HotS has become well established in general and one of my favorite games due to its unique selling point of not having us do nonsensical time-wasters like farming lanes or being semi-afk as support next to our “hard-carry” who we are not supposed to “steal” kills from.

You guys really nailed the fun parts of Mobas.
HotS is better than ever and I also have to thank you guys for leading the entire F2P industry to a modern approach with the 2.0 update of HotS.

I may disagree with a few minor things, but HotS has always been the only Moba-recommendation I can safely give to any of my friends.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Kind of says a lot of peoples general feelings about the game if you are getting more likes then OP dev post

8 Likes

I do agree. I’ve enjoyed watching HotS take form and shape over the years and I love the direction the game seems to be going. I can honestly say I have never been more excited for the future of this game. Thank you for all your work and good luck with whatever secret project Blizzard is working on. :wink:

12 Likes

people tend to come to the forums to have things to complain about than things to compliment. as such, many of the topics and people that respond are going to come from the context of ‘stuff is bad, notice me sempai’

Similarly, giving a ‘like’ to alan’s post may be sending mixed signals and not necesavrily be a point of constrast to the other post being mentioned.

2 Likes

Thank you Alan for everything you’ve given for Heroes of the Storm.
Until the next time we’ll meet up in the Nexus :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can’t say I agreed with a lot of stuff that happened with heroes under your leadership, but good luck with the new thing you’re doing.

7 Likes

When you are playing, is there anything that causes you to just stop and think “this. This is my fingerprint, nestled amongst the footsteps of giants. Wow.”

Does it cost you team fights because you are too distracted at that point?

All the best, waiting patiently for the next secret project to reveal itself.

1 Like

Looking back, the game definitely got better since Hots 2.0

Good luck with whatever comes next.

2 Likes

Shame they ditched the newbie packs.

3 Likes

I’m so curious over the deleted posts now, why it had to happen during my sleep time? #EUTimes

All in on all, @OP best of luck out there :smile:

What an amazing opportunity you have had to work within one of the most iconic gaming giant’s of the last 2 decades.

To steer the ship and enjoy the fruits of your labor is truly a dream come true.

Whatever Blizz has going on that could steal you away must be quite the interesting project. Looking forward to what you bring to us next…keep following that passion and we will all be better for it.

2 Likes

The second director is leaving the project. If i wouldn’t point at game minuses, changings in team speak for themselves. But it may be a time for something new. Good luck, mister Dabiri.

3 Likes

I spent thousands of dollars in the game playing from technical Alpha until about Spring/Summer this year then I quit under your game direction.

Thanks for giving it a go - but in the future focus on fundamental game mechanics (matchmaking, clans, reconnecting, etc.) instead of cosmetics, collections, and slot machine money grabs.

Things aren’t looking good for the game I was once so fond of - hope there’s light at the end of this coal mine.

19 Likes

All the best of wishes, farewell. :heart_eyes::sunglasses::joy::sweat_smile::blush::yum::star_struck::ghost::lips::zombie:

3 Likes

Hi Alan,
Thanks for all the hard work you put into Heroes, the game has only been getting better and better over the years. Glad to hear there is more stuff in the pipeline.
All the best for the future.

2 Likes

Bummer. :frowning:

Best of luck.

3 Likes

So the fact there hasn’t been a classic character since Lost Vikings is on you?

#BlackthorneOrFullScorn

Be that as it may, all the best in your endeavourS.

2 Likes

Don’t be cruel! I hate the current system as well but I know that he inherited the awful matchmaker. He just couldn’t fix it. No one can because the problem is more complex. Until players can have 1000 MMR difference between the rank they have and what they actually deserve, even the best matchmaker will fail to work in the desired way.

3 Likes

Good luck on your next adventure Alan.

PBMM was an utter failure (that the community is still waiting on), and HotS 2.0 was nothing but an overhyped cash grab system. That said, the game did have a lot of good quality updates under your tenure.

4 Likes