A call to Blizzard for refunds to those who've been banned for toxic chat

You were so disruptive they had to permanently ban you, and now you want a refund? :rofl:

5 Likes

Or just don’t give them a single penny! They won’t learn from anything else.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, the old Taylor can’t come to the phone right now.
Why? Oh…
Cus she’s dead.

1 Like

Its not right/reasonable to expect to be refunded after breaking the rules.

If you lease a car from me and give me a 500$ unrefundable deposit then punch me.

I can 100% legally take my car back and keep your money.

Your not buying the skins/chars from blizzard.

You actually renting the licenses for them.

2 Likes

Dont tell people to do chargebacks. It can destroy your credit if they fight it. Like absolutely obliterate as no one wants to do business with a cheat.

2 Likes

You didnt purchase anything. You rented the license with the express knowledge that they could take away your licenses whenever they wanted.

Maybe try actually reading the EULA any money thrown at ANYTHING online should basically be considered gone forever.

4 Likes

Any life thrown in exchange for money is gone forever.

Money is never gone, it always comes back.

What are you even talking about?

Come on, the thread is about money. Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, pizza is knowledge. That’s what I’m talking about.

1 Like

Mmmm pizza is good and tasty.

Yeah it’s like a cake made from cheese and meat, flour and salt.

Add an :eightball: and you have the full set of the Devil’s dandruff.

It’s Heals, their entire schtick is spouting gibberish.
This is actually fairly subdued for them.

5 Likes

If anything, the lack of a refund is an incentive to behave yourself. If you don’t want to lose the money you’ve invested in the game, don’t break the rules.

Moderate yourself or the game will moderate you.

Heroes defy.

*gets banned from Google services and Tumblr (not from battlenet) *

Mother gave us a blessing. Father got to 100 Rage.

I casted Pain Suppression on my head and queued again…

And I would have to agree:

Do NOT contest the charges.
If Blizzard isn’t paying attention and doesn’t bother to dispute it you could get your money back.

HOWEVER: If they bother to dispute it you will not only get nothing but your credit score is going to be seriously damaged for a VERY long time. It’s a case you cannot win, you agreed to the EULA. And not bothering to read it is not legal grounds for voiding it. This is pretty settled law, they use the same EULA as most companies.

The risk:reward is simply not worth it, you are betting on B not bothering to send a simple form e-mail when informed of your dispute. The work of seconds, even assuming they don’t have a bot specifically for that purpose.

I’ve always used chargeback option with my credit card company as a last resort when i couldn’t resolve a dispute with a company fairly. It’s called customer rights/protection. LOL@ the idea that it negatively effects your credit score. I’ve never heard of this or seen this once anywhere. Do you have a credible source?

2 Likes

Chargeback is my last resort.

Cut my life into credit pieces.

How do you use the ignore feature on this forum?

1 Like

This isnt a dispute though.

This would be you flat out breaking your contract just because you want to.

2 Likes

Because, in this case, it’s credit dispute fraud. He would be bypassing Blizzard to try to get a refund from the bank because he knows full well that he’s is not eligible for a refund.

Credit dispute is only usable when the charges were wrong, someone else used your card, or the merchant was acting in bad faith to deny the refund. Because he agreed to the EULA,the bad faith argument is false. It’s the equivalent of trying to force a refund outside of a store’s posted refund policies.

Saying later ‘Well, I don’t like those rules.’ Doesn’t invalidate that you already agreed to them. As you would be the one trying to change the agreement after the transaction, you would be the one acting in bad faith, not Blizzard.

And, as you can imagine, credit card companies really don’t like fraud of any kind. When other people are doing it. They’ll go as far as to shut down your account, and getting a reputation for fraud along with a canceled card is rather nasty for your credit score.

This isn’t the equivalent of him buying a faulty TV and asking for a refund(which would be a legit possibility for dispute), this is buying a TV and kicking a hole in it two years later. And demanding a refund.

3 Likes