57.000 seconds waiting time. EU server. SL

Adding my me too. Have been unable to find a solo queue storm league match for 2 weeks now.

We are celebrating, guys!
10.000 views!

I rly dont know why people want heroes to be dead so badly. Sure since the end of hgc there was a decline in player numbers, but this is only true for higher ranks. Im pretty sure most of low rank players have never watched a single hgc match. Eu server is still well populated.

Fresh bronze 5 smurf gets a game in less than 100 sec. Ive played together with (real) silver and gold players and also checked a few streams, they get instant games as well. You are right about mmr, but your conclusion is wrong. The account with high mmr and low rank will not find a game. Once there is a big gap between rank and hidden mmr your account is doomed (actually i dont know if it goes both ways i.e. high rank and low mmr).

Does this fulfill the definition of a bug? I dont know, but its for sure a fcking bad matchmaking design which should be fixed asap. But i guess we will have to wait till next season. The removal of ranks and showing of mmr will hopefully fix this issue.

Edit: just noticed you dont play on eu server. For anz player base might be an issue as well, but for eu certainly not.

1 Like

Im playing in the asia server at the moment i have been waiting nearly 5 hours to get a game… there are people the same rank as me getting games, ive tried joining parties being solo… nothing works… other people are getting prioritised over me and its just not fair. I can actually see people on my friends list Que up … 1 minute later get a game, and they are the same rank … 10000 seconds later … still sat queing

1 Like

and THAT is where you are completely mistaken. You are talking about LONG QUEUES, we are talking about NOT FINDING A SINGLE GAME IN MONTHS, on a populated server in midrange MMR. So funny how ignorant people can be

1 Like

Yes please, for the love of god, please stop talking

nah most people i saw never getting matches are low mmr or they dced a lot, bringing their mmr low while their rank stays higher

i have decided to abandon my low mmr account and make a smurf, now i find matches in 30 seconds (up from 1200 mmr to 2300 currently)

I can’t join Ranked Hero League. I’m waiting for 15 minutes (need to wait 50-80 seconds - that’s what I see on the screen). But all is fine with unranked and quick matches, brawl. So what’s wrong, Blizzard?

Same here. Ever since the new season started, i haven’t been able to play Storm League or Unranked. My friends can play with no issues, as long as i’m not in their team. Quickmatch works, but it is not that fun… Worked fine right until the season changed on EU side.

Same issue - Storm league queue goes on forever without finding a game, friends can play as usual.

EDIT: Queing with that friends also makes me find games.

Hey everyone!

First, I want to thank everyone for their patience while we investigated this issue. We have identified a potential cause for this and are looking to implement a fix with the new season and ranked updates.

We believe this issue resulted in affected players’ MMR and Season Ranks greatly diverging, which was causing the match maker to have trouble finding games for those players. While this was most often seen in players who were leaving large amount of games, it was also possible to affect players who were playing the game normally. With the ranked changes that will better map MMR to Season Rank, this issue should be resolved.

After the new Ranked Season begins, if you are still seeing this problem, please let me know so we can investigate further!

Thank you for all the information and reports!
Huginncord

Just as I thought. And as I said, your visible Rank is not the same as your MMR, which can cause you to not find games if one drops too far below the other (but if you queue with a friend you will find games instantly).

Who is ignorant now, Razghul/Madgod.

Good to hear. Would you please mind sharing with us if there is any progress made with the 4 map rotation that is ruining the game experience for many participants of vs AI game mode? Between these two wide spread issues, majority of my friends completely quit everything else out of frustration and just play brawl whenever they’re online. It can sometimes be borderline unfair but for most it is the only functioning/enjoyable game mode right now and and it’s nice because people don’t get as angry as much over it.

I have the same problem since last week.
Its obviously happening since April and still no fix.
sigh
Can I reset my storm League MMR?? Just start with Placing matches again??

Still you, quite obvious, yeah, still you.

Empty server and stuff, missing playerbase and stuff, not a bug, blabla. Yeah man, still you :smiley:

Oh and btw, i cannot find games grouping with others. Yet another thing you “ignored”. Jeez, finally this issue is going to be fixed. Second best news to “i can stop reading Shapeshifters ignorant posts”.

1 Like

I have same issue it says 50s estimated wait time but it goes for eternity.I notice on my match history that i only have 4 rank games but i played way more .

Oh boi, did someone actually read my post? His main argument is that there are not enough players and that this problem is not a bug, which is just plain wrong. Maybe on anz server the player base is small but not on eu.

I made several smurf accounts starting from bronze 5 and i got games in less than 100 sec. But once my hidden mmr differs too much from my rank i cant find a game anymore. And this doesnt mean 1000 sec waiting time, it means never.

Yes of course the reason is that the system tries to match you with people in bronze with a mmr of >2500 or even more (depending on your winning streak) and obviously wont find any because thats not how the system is intended to work. But its not because of too few players its because of this garbage distinction between hidden mmr and rank.

So as the blue guy said its mostly affecting smurfs (not directly but thats what he meant with people who leave games) who leave in draft to keep their rank low but its also affecting some regular players.

1 Like

so, looks like we must wait for 2 weeks, and see, what’s changed
nothing we can do now

its July 2020. I’ve waited more than 1000 seconds with an estimated wait time of 111. I restarted, I stopped and rerun. And I still can’t join

i had increase in waiting time when happens i cancel and search again i get match almost immediately.