50% winnrate bullcrap

I had 7 winns in a row yesterday (QM), had so good games team played well and I got a 80% winn rate on my artanis (lvl 340) this season, on all swaps my team was there rigth away to follow up.
Today I log on and I play, I can see the difrence in the players I team with, they have no clue what they are doing runn around like headless chickens doing f…all.
In all the games im top dmg top soak etc, the other players have like half and based on the time the game lasts they shoud have more… Is this a thing you do to make our winn rate 50% all the time the whole season? I mean its so damn anoying I play good games I basicly give the team kills but they are all sleeping, out of position, and not taking camps or anything. today I have 7 loss in a row, So am I gona start winn again now? is it that predictable? I duno only me that feel this way? And to grama police im not from ingland so my inglish is not on top.

9 Likes

Your Artanis is the lvl 340 and not your account, right?
Did you filter vsAI games out?

Anyway, you are never forced to win or lose. And you can never predict the outcome (tho you can guess right, after all, it’s not hard to guess correctly when there are only two outcomes).

10 Likes

The problem with this argument is that there is no way to prove it… Blizzard has all the data, and refuses to release it. You can point to personal experiences ofc, but the white knights will rebuke you with claims of hearsay.

Though it is funny how so many people have the same experience, despite it being supposedly untrue. lol

4 Likes

What about the tens of thousands of people whose profile shows 30-40% in all human modes?

They would love to be forced to win 50% of their games…

11 Likes

White knights? What does that even mean?? Such a weird use for it when you’re just spouting bs. I have a 55% winrate in sl for multiple seasons. Its definetly doable if you aren’t bad. Lol

4 Likes

The short answer is that the only players I have ever met in that range have made the choice to throw more than a few games, or just in general grief their teammates for the lulz.

I had a Med one time that spent the whole game in bird form, only descending to attack walls and wells when the system threatened to kick him for being afk… he also liked to taunt us (his teammates). He had a 15% life time win rate. The system attempted to compensate for what it assumed were honest shortcomings by placing him with players CONSIDERABLY over his mmr. To keep it short, even though only 4 of us were playing, vs 5 of them, we won the game. Basically the game attempted to force him to win-- despite his best efforts.

Again, the only time I have seen someone bellow 40% is when they actually tried to do poorly.

White Knights are basically fanatical fanboys who believe Blizzard can do no wrong. And don’t tell me that you haven’t seen at least one before. lol

Speaking in general, and In context to what I was saying, when you make an accusation, you are supposed to present some form of proof because we’re asked to assume innocence until proven guilty… This is very tough to do when Blizzard is the only one with access to said proof, and refuses to release it. And no, I don’t think it is unreasonable of me to point this out, as it is their policy to keep their data to themselves.

2 Likes

I just find it amusing that the complainers always blame “forced 50%” for their losses, and never credit it for their wins.

13 Likes

The wins are because of skill. In theory, without a forced 50% all those people would have 100% win rate.

3 Likes

Where were your tears when you were winning more than 50% of the time being carried playing artanis?

copy paste

20 characters

Yes, we know. You are desperate to believe you are better than your win rate shows. It’s OK, we understand the need to find a scapegoat.

2 Likes

oh that’s right cuz every match is like an innocent coin flip. :yawning_face:

What “data” do you want them to release? Because they’ve already quite explicitly addressed this conspiracy and why winrates gravitate towards 50%. And yes, winrates do in fact gravitate towards 50%. Naturally.

Pay special attention to this paragraph:

No, but was all lies. Of course. You want the real data. You want Blizzard’s super-crazy top secret hacker data that proves all your points right and says everyone who disagrees with you is dumb, and the only reason you lost any game EVER is because of all the dumb people!

Well, keep searching.

6 Likes

They don’t force the win rate… as you continue to win, the match maker tries placing you with people of equal MMR. And then it tries placing you with people on the opposite team who are about the same MMR for the team.

This is where it falls apart… because it generally can’t find people for 2 teams that have about the same MMR, so one team might get a newbie or a potato to lower their teams MMR so the enemy team might have about the same average, but you end up with the situation as above where the game expects the 4 of you to carry the potato.

Instead of only matching players of about equal MMR with and against each other, it throws a bunch of potatoes and carrots in there and calls it a stew… I mean “balanced”…

8 Likes

Exactly. It’s not a conspiracy, it’s a mixture of the law of large numbers and also a dwindling playerbase.

Like, think for two seconds people. Why would Blizzard waste resources to actively make the game less fun? What in the living hell would that accomplish?

5 Likes

But wouldn’t that mean that your win streaks are also the product of this “50% winrate”? :thinking:

2 Likes

Take a statistics course and fix yourself. I’m embarrassed for you.

1 Like

F off.

The simple fact is that if the matchmaker was designed to force 50% winrate, it would be EASY.

I could make a matchmaker that forced people to 50% winrate probably. And the most coding I did was helping on Warcraft 3 custom maps.

“they won’t share the data” blah blah blah.
There are good reasons to not share internal data (and i am of the mind they could be sharing more of it) on many parts of the games people complain about.

Ones of the key ones is matchmaking, especially in QM.
The steps that the matchmaker takes to expand the queue and cause games to become more varied in skill.

If you share this data. . . People will try to gave the matchmaker, which by itself, will drive up queue times and create lower quality matches.

It is the same reason that they don’t give out talent data. Because it would skew things far more heavily than the 3rd party sites we have now.

And part of the reason they don’t share data on what gets bans in specifics because people can “toe the line” and get away with bad behaviour.

I think they should be more open with MMR, schedule dates, what they’re working on and more various things. But opening up about how the matchmaker works which would be rife for abuse because “well who knows they don’t share the data” is a terrible idea.

but beyond that, it simple goes down to this quote I got from someone on the QA team for HotS:

I suspect if they shared the data, you would fall right into this group. Along with many people. and i’ve certainly been this person before in various realms of life. Although I try not to be.

2 Likes

Since I am now at 40%, where is this 50% winrate so I can have it?

2 Likes