4 hour Maintenance 1/10/23?

This was a decent workaround, although I still would prefer they actually fix their issues…

But it did cause problems during this recent login issue people had. I’d use the HeroesSwither.exe but when the game would load a pop up error would immediately pop up without even letting me log in. And the error would pop right back up every time I clicked “ok”. I was able to sign back in by loading the game through the client after following the advice from an error message.

1 Like

They should just invest 8 hours of work and turn this joke of a AAA game off. It’s a disgrace for what Blizzard stood for in the past.

not sure you noticed, but… a key part of the appeal of the game is that it is a ‘joke’ and it stands as one of the last vestiges of ‘old blizzard’ as a passion project. Some people can still enjoy it despite you perpetually having problems with it.

I think the now former Dev’s should be proud of their work. No game is perfect and I would make no such claim regarding Hots, but the quality of the finished product is more than acceptable for a game released in 2015.

You know, I noticed that there seems to be a thing going on. Every company wants to shove their launcher down our throats. Even going as far as adding games into their launcher that never needed a launcher to run.

1 Like

thats quicker than my QM queue lol

Blizzard was as i remember (pretty much) the first to do so and it makes sense for their games. What is really annoying is the addition of launchers to games on platforms like steam etc. Just pointless.

Given the weird stuff i read here that people seem to be experiencing im quite definitely happy thats not happening on my system.

2 Likes

I agree.

Funny you mentioned Steam, because I was going to say that recently 2K added Bioshock Infinite to their launcher. Steam community was livid for this “Quality of life” update. It still has zero likes and thousands of comments saying they hate them for this launcher.

1 Like

They decided to break a lot of things in the game, probably to encourage players to quit. If this was unintentional, whoever is responsible should quit and look for a new line of work, because this is an absolute dumpster fire of an update.

What happened after the update? The news website is of course empty.

I think nothing happened, no changes.