4 hour Maintenance 1/10/23?

Anyone else notice that Heroes had a 3 hour maintenance period, then adjusted it to a 4 hour maintenance period. Meanwhile WoW has a 1 hour maintenance period…something fishy?

4 Likes

I’m trying not to get my hopes up.

Don’t get my hopes up…

9 Likes

your wish is my command
YOUR DOOOOMED

5 Likes

That’s how long it’s going to take them to unplug all the servers.

1 Like

the person doing the maintanence realized he didnt include the WoW hour, so he had to tack it on for doing both

2 Likes

Likely a backend update, such as installing operating system and software security patches.

1 Like

ah ha, I got it!. With Blizzard’s games closing in China, clearly they are reverting all the changes they change to HotS: gotta unnerf jaina’s bust, tyrandes butt and stitches gut and all them bones :wink:

5 Likes

If you’re not using the teddybear stitches you disgust me. That skin, aba’s skins, and chogalls’ one skin are cursed.

3 Likes

cursed?
im not suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure what you’re talking about
perfectly wholesome, it is!

2 Likes

They’re freakin eyesores to look at. Can anyone honestly say they enjoy looking at it? Ugh.

4 Likes

Definitely downloaded and applied some patch, no idea what was in it. Wish there was patch notes, even for simple technical fixes.

Yes, very fishy. You have both games installed. :expressionless:

Plus, the 4 hours is how long it takes for the intern to flip the switch since his car broke down and had to walk to work.

1 Like

Whatever the update was completely F’ed up voice chat, and me and 3 of my friends games are crashing repeatedly after every match.

1 Like

Their skeleton crew is even smaller now, so requires more time.
Or perhaps they’ve removed the experienced people from the team and the ones replacing them require more time, as they are not as familiar with the system :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeh we might be playing the waiting game for a patch or anything on HOTS. Sad really.

I log onto BNET and OW 2 gets a neat update, and it’s the Greek Pantheon as well! Me personally, I find the Greek Pantheon amazing and nostalgic for some reason. It’d be nice to rehash some of the HOTS events. Bring back the weather for HOTS just without the random perks for it. The raining vibe was just surreal along with lightning or snowy and it made the maps constantly refreshing. I mean Anything is just nice really.

Not to mention WC 3 is getting updates. Even if the small updates are small and far apart, it’s considered pretty big if you scale it for the game it is. HOTS just farted off the radar pretty much

Did not notice the maintainence but saw a update happening.

This got my hopes up unfortunately before i could remember that anything of relevance is highly unlikely.

1 Like

The state of general chat should tell you they are not paying any attention to this game anymore.

I got the usual “Client Mismatch” when I connected via the HeroesSwitcher.exe… This is typical after any server update or maintenance.

I had to connect once via the client. My question is to those who still use the client, did they fix the patch loop bug? I don’t have my hopes up…but it would be nice.

I use the bnet launcher exclusively, but i never got any of the bugs others were talking about so i cant tell if those persist.

I’m totally jealous rcw. All my friends have the patch loop bug and uninstalling the launcher or Hots never corrects the problem. We all use the HeroesSwitcher.exe to avoid this annoying issue.

Tech support have confirmed this is in fact an issue for many players, but not one that is being addressed.

1 Like