30K Sl assassins tier list March 2021

jaina’s slows are CC and they’re a fair bit easier to land on multiple targets than KT’s stun.

Me too. KT is not very versatile. He’s good at what he does and benefits from an enemy team that does his damage for him. Jaina provides a lot but needs to play safe in a high risk reward hero. A good team that knows how to position goes a long way for her.

1 Like

Look, No one’s telling you not to pick Jaina. If you like her, pick her. But she really isn’t in the meta right now. And hasn’t been for some time. If your comp locks down a target and bursts it, then her slows become irrelevant.

Blizzard’s siege is great, but no one is ever going to take full damage from it unless they’re’ stun locked into it. And if they are, your slows don’t matter. So you pick a hero that replaces the slow with other value.

1 Like

Since you decline Jaina’s heroic, because other mages has stun abilitys. It’s like saying Gazlowe’s gravi bomb is bad, because you can pick Deathwing with his stuns from Worldbreaker form instead. As analogy to Jaina vs KTs. But stun abilitys have a bit different impact than those big aoe combo heroics. A well placed Ring of frost can destroy the whole team like Gaz’s gravibomb, but KT’s E can’t and KTZ surely can also destroy a whole team, but it is much harder to accomplish.

I’m sure that you know more than the pros about this game and are totally not biased yourself =)

Did I claim that I know more than pros though? No.

1 Like

Yeah, she should be S tier, not A tier.

Maiev is sleeper OP, she can do so much if the player knows how to play her, her issue is that she has a huge learning curve, but she is essentially effective in Solo Q scenarios.

For mostly since her release she was busted and even past these changesand during Esport in 2018 she was very much perma banned, even right before HGC being cancelled, and yet she gets buffs for some odd reason.

I think people do underestimate her as some sort of mixed C tier hero, but she is far more stronger than she looks, if not, she has never went down on the tiers because her kit essentially works a lot into ton of different drafts.

Oh and Kerrigan is super busted, of course you have to be playing in high league to figure it out but that’s just the case for a lot of heroes.

Master meta simply put is just a whole different universe, what you think was “super trash unplayable” is actually surprisingly viable and optimal choice to pick and this also lies onto on many heroes who are considered “”““weak””“”.

It’s no shock that a high learning curve hero like Kerri and Maiev get into a very high tier because surprisingly when played they really flip how the draft goes.

1 Like

Tassadar C tier

1 Like

I wouldn’t even compare these two abilities. They don’t do the same thing. For one, gravobomb displaces and puts all your enemies in a convienient bunch.

I very much doubt people would pick Jaina as the go to Mage due to RoF. The most popular mage is Li-Ming. And she has no CC.

This list is a bad joke. Doesn’t seem like much thought was placed on it.

She does not really need follow up as she hits very hard with her own nasty combos and CC. Pretty much all she needs is healing to be effective, which one would hope the healer would be capable of in Diamond and higher rank.

Kerrigan is also very powerful just by herself. Sure she always does better with a follow up, but she herself can act as a follow up with her combo and there is only so much follow up you need to win.

Tracer is hyper mobile. Very common complaint is she just does not die. Even if she is not the highest damage, not being hit by skill shots and having good chase has value.

Self-stuns himself when casting due to long animations. Same reason he is same tier as Tassadar.

Heavily reliant on allies beyond just healing. Jaina is medium to low range caster so need allies to enable her. Gall out right depends on how well Cho plays.

4 Likes

Yeah but her slows help set up burst comps and ring is a great lockdown. The only reason Jaina isn’t meta is because she’s riskier than other mages. She still brings a lot of value in pretty much every category: camp clear, wave clear, AoE, slows, burst and a lock down ultimate. She can also take armor reduction or roots too. Her big weakness is that she needs careful positioning and peel. Those are significant weaknesses for a team of randoms in SL though.

Overall Jaina isn’t a bad hero. She’s just a bit risky and needs a little team support.

1 Like

So by that logic, Samuro is god tier? :slight_smile: He dies less than Tracer, but also has macro.

But he is melee, while Tracer is range though.

I don’t believe being melee makes him worse.

Maiev is definitely a potential S tier hero. I think the only thing knocking her down is that there are not that many high level Maiev players around and in those high tiers people know how to play around her fairly well. Not that she can be straight countered but that you can limit her a bit with careful play.

Yeah I missed the update to her ravage talent that reduces the CD for ravage and deals bonus damage to minion and mercs. That single talent change has made her nuts in my opinion. With the CDR she’s really sticky and the bonus damage makes doing ravage quest a cakewalk. She can also burn though waves and camps now. I was shocked at how easily I tore up games with her recently.

1 Like

He is less hyper mobile due to being melee. To deal damage Samuro must be positioned right against his target. Tracer has tons of operating room and only needs to get into melee range very briefly to proc her melee ability every few seconds and that is fully optional if not possible. Tracer also has much better innate self healing options. Yes Samuro has self healing, but at 1% per second while not being able to attack is not a good self healing option compared with Tracer who literally heals while attacking.

2 Likes

LOL jaina aa build…

1 Like

Considering your attack range, and that all your abilities require you to be in melee range. I would not agree with the term “Tons of operating room” EIther you’re very close to your target, or you’re doing nothing.

Are you saying Tracer is better than Samuro? Has more options? What is your main point?

Are you a dinosaur? It got changed many times already.
Do yourself a favor, put both of these builds in here, then look at the very bottom. It will show the win rate of that build pre 13.
[T3112332,Jaina]
[T2232114,Jaina]
Just a casual 10% difference in win rate.
LOL right!?

2 Likes