2nd (annual) Heroes of the Storm Fan-made skin concepts Contest: ANNOUNCEMENT. Let's find the next Janitor Leoric!

Hi again! As you can already see from the title, this post is to announce the 2nd Fan-made skin concepts Contest. I’m still super grateful that last year’s Contest had hundreds of concepts, thousands of voters and a few dev responses regarding the contest! However, there are a lot of (requested) changes to this year’s contest. One of them is that I NEED YOU to submit the concepts that YOU like in order for me to make the polls (unlike last year when I collected all the concepts that I could find to make the polls). Keep reading to know how to submit the concepts that you like (you DON’T have to be the artist of the concepts to submit them).

But first, for the newcomers and the ones who didn’t know about my last year’s contest:

The reason I originally held last year’s contest:

I invited the devs to join “Heroes of the Storm Community” on Facebook and see my fan-made skin concept arts album there (which consists of HotS’ skin concepts all over the Internet) in the latest AMA. And Andrew Kinabrew replied: “We’re always looking. These are fun ideas! However, need to see a demonstration from the community that a single skin is wanted. 146 concepts is nice but that doesn’t narrow anything down to a single community favorite. Please rally behind a concept so that we have a better gauge of what the community likes.” (He is a really talented 3D artist. He made Dark Nexus Deathwing, Cuddle Bear Stiches, Alexstraza’s Dragon Form and most importantly JANITOR LEORIC! (and many more awesome work, you can see some of his work here: https://www.artstation.com/dotseven)).

The reason I continue to hold this year’s contest:

u/Blizz_KinaBREW said just 2 months ago: “Concepts that come from the community are awesome and many concepts the community have come up with are frequently talked about in our skin pack meetings. One of the highest voted skins in one of the last community voted polls was C’thun Probius. Super cool idea. Slotting it in a skin pack is something we still would like to do. Know that we are talking about things like this often.” Proof: https://old.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/ftrcgm/partys_over/fm96dea/

And we know that the devs are in the planning stage of what they’re going to do for 2021: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/g96brg/heroes_of_the_storm_ama_april_30_2020/fp2ypqh?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

So we can help them find a highly-requested fan-made skin to make for 2021.

Here is an example of what this year’s polls are going to look like (The concepts shown in this poll were the winners/top 10 concepts of last year’s contest and won’t be able to participate in this year’s contest, so please don’t submit them.): https://forms.gle/iCkYSDX9fWC39KZ9A

The first Round of the Contest is Submission: In this Round, you will submit the concepts that you like, then I will create polls with those concepts for the community to vote in the future. Submission Round will end on Sunday, June 28th 2020 (around 5:00 a.m PDT/ 2:00 p.m CEST). The second Round that contains the first poll will be announced on Monday, June 29th 2020 (around 5:00 a.m PDT/ 2:00 p.m CEST).

Click this link to submit the concepts you like (if you don’t have any concept in mind, you can click the link to see the concepts other people submitted and find your favorite ones so that it will be much quicker for you to vote for the concepts you like in the (future) polls. The page will be constantly updated with new concepts, so make sure to visit it once in a while): https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/hd6el2/2nd_annual_heroes_of_the_storm_fanmade_skin/

*If you haven’t joined “Heroes of the Storm Community” on Facebook, you should join it now! There, you can make friends to play the game with, see fun posts, memes about the game, know news, leaks faster and ask for tips, builds, advices: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hotscommunity/

*And finally, thank you dev team for making the game we all love!

(If you have time, please share the link with your HotS friends, HotS fan pages that you know and upvote, comment on this post so that more people can see it.) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(If you think this contest is useless because it doesn’t get much attention, then don’t worry. I don’t just post the poll here, but I also post the poll on the game’s Subreddit and on Facebook. And the devs are definitely going to see this.)

• Link to my post on the game’s Subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/hd6ego/2nd_annual_heroes_of_the_storm_fanmade_skin/

THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY! SEE YOU IN THE NEXUS!

24 Likes

I love, support, respect, adore, care, admire, enjoy artist so much. You are good eggs, come and collect your love and support from my proximity at any given moment you gorgeous beings.

I’m so excited to look at what the community has for this year! <3

8 Likes

Do you have any concept that you like to submit?

4 Likes

I definitely want to submit something! I already whipped open Clip Studio Paint <3

4 Likes

Great to run these.Keep it up all!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see your work! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

i have a question. why didn’t they pick any skin from the last concept despite them replying and despite all the votes on it? it felt like it was made for nothing? there was a winner skin but it never made it to the game how could we know this concept would make it to the game? it’s really interesting to see new ideas whatsoever but it’s really not nice to waste everybody’s time for nothing is what i’m saying even if the devs say they like it and they’re watching etc but end up not adding any of the skins even while there was a winner how would we know they would add this time?

4 Likes

Yeah, I guess we can just hope for the best!
I see that you love a lot of Orphea skins, can you submit them?

4 Likes

i honestly liked most of the skins in the last concept that’s why i’m very disappointed that not a single one made it to the game. there was so many great skins the devs even said they like them and want to see the community votes etc… once it’s over time goes on and literally nothing happened none made it to the game.

i’ll submit the skins i liked the most and perhaps hope for the best :heart:

2 Likes

You should do that as soon as possible because the skins that submitted sooner may have an advantage. And you can submit all the skins that you like, not just 1 concept or 1 hero, though you should make separate comment for each concept.

3 Likes

Well, time to take some time off from work, and polish up my last years ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

added what i like so far. couldn’t find the inferno lunara skin tho hope any of my Deer lunara mains adds it :heart:

2 Likes

It’s the time of the year again. :upside_down_face:

Really glad you solved that Reddit issue out btw

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m glad that was really quick. I guess my polite attitude helped.

3 Likes

Like… idea or finished, drawn concept? Damn I wish I would have concept arts to share.

But if someone would do a Shepard Medivh skin, I would be really glad.

1 Like

Well not yet. Skins take time to make and as they like to deliver them in sets at events lately it may still be that one will see some of them as parts of future events (or maybe even standalone).

3 Likes

maybe but years? honestly that probius skin should have made it to Dark Nexus cause it fits mostly in that event not any other or maybe Halloween? :thinking: do you think we might get more than 1? not just the winner skin? i hope we get more than just that if they’re really saved for future event or something

1 Like

Janitor Leoric was bouncing around since 2016, I believe. Possibly even earlier. Same goes for Destroyer Brightwing. They’re just waiting for the right time to add the skin. Like a Blizzcon with an Old God or something.

4 Likes

If events and skins are anywhere in the region of heroes for planning and making then the Dark Nexus event was probably already planned last year when the poll was, lol.

1 Like

so there’s hope yet! maybe at the end they release Princess Orphea :heart:

1 Like