2 much self healing for assasins

the self healing with talents etc on most assasin chars are just ridicules. if im on illidan or sonya i can pretty much take on 3players and stil manage to kill em all on my own. mebe to balance it out is to reduce the selfhealing on assasins a little bit.

Are you playing vs humans at all when you constantly 3v1 players with Illidan?

AI mode doesn’t count and can’t be balanced around.

Illis healing also goes to 0 if blinded and very low if AA slowed. Sonya can be stunned instantly out of Whirlwind.

5 Likes

Every hero has strengths and weaknesses.
There are some heroes that resemble hard carries from regular Mobas but there’s always a way to answer them.
If a team lacks the tools to shut them down then that’s either the matchmaker’s fault or player error.

Melee heroes really need that extra beef to make up for not fundamentally doing more DPS than ranged assassins. They might have better sustain damage than mages but when you compare what Kerrigan can do to a Valla (even before the buffs), Zul’jin, Tychus, etc, etc it just seems kinda sad. Far more risk for a marginal reward.

3 Likes

Sonya’s not an assassin, she’s a bruiser. You know, the role that’s supposed to survive more damage than an assassin.

10 Likes

#MakeKerriganGreat #MeleeAssassinsNeedLove
In all seriousness though, I’d love if they just made the Q quest baseline and also buff her Bladed Momentum at 7 because 0.6 doesn’t seem that great. A talent for mana return mechanics on her W or E would be great.

I wouldn’t mind Kerrigan buffs, but I honestly don’t know, if she needs one. She always feels to me being an Imperius for melee assassines. A tanky combo-burst assassine with harder skill gap than Imperius.

3 Likes

Pretty much this.
Kerrigan isn’t as niche as Proby but she’s one of those Low Pickrate - High Winrate heroes. Straight up buffs would make her busted.

In the right situations she can bulldoze teams, she’s like an Illidan with a stun combo rather than evasion.

You have never seen stun-lock + focus damage, have you?
If I remember it correctly, you don’t often see it in Silver rank.
You will see more of it in Gold rank.
Diving into 1 v 3 in Plat or above will usually get yourself killed within 2 sec.

1 Like

Welcome back. Long time no see.

1 Like

And how many times have you been able to clean sweep an enemy team, and at what rank as well?

Even against bots at or above Adept going willy-nilly into a group of them can be a suicidal move depending on their composition as all it takes a random stun, blind, some type of displacement, or hug to put you in a bad position.

are you people for real? Kerrigan is currently the highest winrate hero…

High winrate =/= Meta
Her pickrate is pretty down there, only being marginally higher than heroes like Nova, Valeera and Maeiv.
And you’ll notice a good 1/4th of her games are all on Infernal Shrines.

She’s not generally a good hero, despite not being horribly lacking in the numbers department. Her reliance on her combo really hurts when any unhindered target can just walk slightly in a different direction and avoid it completely.
I like her, I enjoy playing her, but I can’t pretend it’s not a chore trying to bring her into random games.

1 Like

She is also the least picked so her winrate is only this high because of Kerri mains.

Kerrigan is definitely one of the overall strongest heroes in the game and has been for years. Even I (I’m very good at losing with good heroes) can keep her at high winrate every single season I touch her. I’m sometimes surprised how she keeps avoiding the nerfs, but I guess low popularity and strong counters (even if there aren’t that many of those) is saving her from overseer’s attention.
Spamming kerrigan every single game has never failed to skyrocket me through ranks (although that’s boring and too easy), so she’s definitely not “niche” hero, she’s just not popular because ppl don’t like playing her. You could pick her every single game and do just fine, if you wanted (although after 2-3 games you’ll start seeing her 1st-banned, if you get into games with same ppl (usually do)); ban the counters that are popular at the time though (usually lucio-uther-sonya, sometimes varian, arthas, diablo, tyrael).

Her last rework had her nerfed 3 weeks after if you remember. You could say the same for Anub. He is busted atm but never gets a nerf like he did 4 years ago in every patch note they made.

1 Like

Well the rework overdid it. Nerfs after reworks don’t count :).
The final result of rework is though - she got build variation. Pre-rework kerrigan was 1-trick pony niche hero (also super strong though). After rework she has options. Although lately I’ve settled on 2 builds that cover pretty much any situation more or less. For full min-maxing, you’d have to play the 3rd build too, but I just don’t like that one. The most popular kerrigan “build” is some monstrosity mish-mash of my 3 builds, so go figure. I guess that just shows there’s plenty of ways to play kerrigan effectively and the rework was one of the greatest successes in the history of hots reworks.