‎Game "patching"

I hope that the game patching itself every time you close it will be fixed with next actual patch :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s not an issue with HotS, but Bnet.

5 Likes

All the more reason that it should have been fixed, it’s over two weeks. The workarounds haven’t worked for me and many people. Blizzard shouldn’t leave their client broken for weeks, it’s not a good look.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s kinda annoying. Especially sense this affects anyone. Not just the hots players.

2 Likes

The most annoying part is that Solid State Drives and Hard Disks have a limited amount of read/write cycles and this bug is actively shortening players’ storage lifetime :frowning:

7 Likes

I’m starting to believe the theories that game maintenance means nothing at Blizzard anymore, they are now just milking every penny they can get with as close to zero staffing as possible…

(Fortunately classic staff even with their resources managed to put out a HotS patch)

There must be a point at which they can’t get away with it though. Maybe 1 month of this launcher bug should make people protest and mass leave their games until it’s fixed? It’s going on the third week now with zero comments.

3 Likes

After what Hoku said, I did indeed start launching the games from the folder and stopped opening the launcher altogether.
Would Blizzard consider that as a “protest”?

Yea that definitely works, she posted it like a week ago and I completely forgot you can create a shortcut to the HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe.

Though from what I heard (as I never play other Blizzard games anymore after quitting WoW) it affects other games too :confused:

Actually, WoW players have struggled with it for a full 3 weeks now.

Only a small amount of people will create Windows shortcuts anyway, ordinary players with low tech-knowhow should protest by not playing at all and not renewing subscriptions if it’s not getting fixed.

1 Like

I posted this a couple of weeks ago but it seems it doesn’t work for all and TBH it takes like 30 seconds for it to download so for me I just started downloading it. If you have a very very long password, don’t like typing or quick* internet it might be easy just to download it as well.

Not sure if i’m the only one but every since the game started doing the latest patch, which bugged out repeating all the time… i keep getting horrible lag in the game and quite a few times, especially if i [alt][tab] out of the game to look at something else. the game basically disconnects me and i have to wait 10 mins to get back in… by the time we have gone from a winning position to a losing position cause the AI is so bad…

1 Like

mines still updating almost every time.

2 Likes

Mine changed to only patching after I log out of HOTS, where for the first two weeks it would do it both when I first logged in and then logged out. So I guess progress?

1 Like

Updates got shorter as well but the real question is what the heck is updating?? :joy:

1 Like

Heroes of the Storm (reddit.com)

A blue post were made 7 hours ago about the bug.

1 Like

That seems unrelated. The bug described there is completely different. Unless my comprehension is failing completely.

4 Likes

No, you’re right, that message is about the new ranked season.

1 Like

This issue has been going on for 2 months now lol seeing as how a big chunk of Blizz employees are on strike I doubt we’ll get a fix anytime soon

1 Like

Does the classic team also handle the battle.net launcher? Trying to figure out how such a bug has lived on production for so long. In my line of work, you would be shown the door for such

1 Like

No, Classic team works only on WC3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm and Diablo 2 (not remastered).

The main Blizzard tech team works on the launcher, and it’s extremely surprising they’re allowing this issue to continue for so long. Back in the day this would have been gone in hours.

And like LustyDouglas said it’s not too surprising, as a lot of their staff are on strike now against bad working conditions.

Allowing this bug to continue will make Blizzard look bad and put more pressure on them, so it’s pretty clever. Maybe it was even intentional by the tech team.

1 Like

Say, I incidentally opened the Battle.net today, and I see that its latest update is from 2 weeks ago. Did they fix the patching bug?