You would have nerf two card from BSM

This BSM can play early tsunami becuase done many times with out hit another spell but frost with surfalopod into Watercolor Artist , Other combo play watercolor artist with King Tide for turn 5 tsunami , then know one coin spell switch with skyla for 0 from 10. then reapeat with Conniving Conman 2 times.

Iā€™m all for setting the early Tsunami back a turn or making it harder to pull off but even with that, following it up with Conman is brutal. Setting it back a turn likely wonā€™t change that.

Recovering from an early Volley or Tsunami is doable but it becomes very difficult or impossible when it happens again the next turn.

I realize itā€™s a ā€œwin moreā€ card but I do think Conman is problematic.

How do set back turn with all way i said you could do for early Tsunami. I realize would have nerf many cards in the new set then just two.

you can also sea shill a low cost mage spell to 0 then use skyla to swap that 0 with a high cost spell

Huh. I didnā€™t think that would work for some reason and did not try it out. In that case increasing skylaā€™s cost is the only way to balance it. Skyla at 6 would work well. Not sure what to do about conman. Reverting it would kill the card because rogue cards are overpriced, mostly because they are meant to be used with the combo keyword - but also because of shadow step, prep etc. I am at a loss about how to change conman. Changing the cost does not seem like the right answer. It appears to be fine the way it is at the moment. Itā€™s the environment around him that needs the adjusting.

so: greedy at 2, shill at 3, skyla at 4, unleash spell. conman at 5 and 6. seems reasonable for a high role compared to what other classes can do - that would be a perfect draw since you have to do this without card draw.

(sidenote: does not seem quite right that those rogue card costs should be increased for a one time burst use when druid cards have a similar cost increase but with permanent ramp. metal detector and oh manager are great directions for cards to fix this. Iā€™m not sure if oh manager is doing too little damage, but when you see the paladin tourist i get it.

Most time donā€™t pull Skyla it ether suralpod or tide to do combo. That why mage put all 3 on the deck because can just think going hit skyla. Even raise the cost you can still coin out easy when have 4 coins in your hand from different cards.

Iā€™d nerf Skylla to 6 and revert Tsunami. I think the deck would still be viable but not oppressive.

ew i dislike that the dev team is taking advice from this troll of all people

He wasnā€™t wrong though

2 Likes

It was not because Iā€™m a troll I just know what blizzard would do with how the devs nerfed with mage decks in the past by hitting where it hurt the mostā€¦