You Blew it - Title must be at least 15 characters

The message is not ambiguous whatsoever.

The gold i earn each xp track is spent on the mini set. There isnt much left over after that each time.

This much is true.

You basically missed the entire movie. Are you so numb to the idea that people other than you think, that if we don’t add a voiceover to Neiman practicing by himself, you’re just going to assume he has no internal monologue? He’s thinking relentlessly about mistakes that you, as a non-drummer (probably), can’t see and are not expected to see. He’s not just endlessly repeating certain physical movements. He’s also criticizing himself over and over, wordlessly. Bullying himself, over and over, wordlessly.

People with actual emotional intelligence don’t need to be told this. They don’t see someone push themselves into injury and just imagine emotional and intellectual silence.

Bottom line, obsession is not mindless repetition. Obsession is mindful repetition. You’re ignoring thoughts that the characters have, that the audience is expected to infer.

Who said I don’t see the ambiguity? You must not have gotten the chainsaw analogy.

Leaving things open to interpretation has long been cinema’s way of compensating for weak writing. If you can’t recognize that non-explicit storytelling often serves as a crutch for poorly constructed narratives, I’m not sure what to tell you.

Neyman is just a kid, replicating his abusive daddy’s traits and becoming a self-absorbed jerk as well. The film relies on plot armor to push the tired message that brute force and obsession are the keys to greatness, which is not only uninspiring but also painfully clichéd.

Neyman’s inner world isn’t explored because there’s really nothing there worth showing. Let me clarify: he does have an inner world, but it’s so shallow and stereotypical that it might as well be nonexistent. It’s the simplistic fantasy of a teenager fixated on one-dimensional goals like money, girls, or being the best at something trivial.

It’s an intellectual facade designed for jocks, right up there with The Wolf of Wall Street.

I had a different disagreement with you. You want to use dangerous chainsaws, when faster safer laser cutters may be available for free nowadays that psychoanalysts are wiser.