Yogg tasks revived

After the update, I was surprised with Yogg’s task 1 on my board, which is weird considering I’ve already finished all his tasks.

I didn’t log in today before the patch, but since all my tasks have been done for some time now and this just happened today, I’m assuming it has something to do with the patch and maybe C’thun’s event.

After completing task 1 once again, I finished task 2 and now it’s stuck there because I get an error when I try to collect the equipment. Since the task can’t be abandoned, it will probably stay there for some time. Good thing there are only 2 new mercs coming with the event and I hope this bug won’t prevent their tasks from appearing.

2 Likes

its supposed to be c’thuns task judging by the item & task names

im also exsperincing the same thing did task 1 now im stuck trying to complete task 2

Thanks for the report and details- the team is investigating this

2 Likes

Oh, great! I didn’t pay attention to the name of the tasks and equipment before, so it is a bug that will affect C’thun’s event.
And again it’s a result of the lazy devs copy and paste job without checking or testing anything else after that.
The intern who coded C’thun tasks literally copied then from Yogg’s and forgot to change the mercs id and the abiities id. Let’s see if they will fix this before the event begins.

Similarly I have Yogg Saron on my task board as I got a mysterious stranger boon and selected it. I have completed the 2nd task, but cant claim it as it is an error and I already hve the equipment from the event a few weeks ago

I got it the same way, i.e. via the mysterious stranger.

Oh! I was about to test if abandoning the spurious task 1 would cause it to reappear the next day, when it actually disappeared from the task board. Has the bug been fixed already?

I was able to simply abandon mine.

Yeah, mine has since been deleted too

1 Like

You’re jumping to a lot of silly conclusions for someone with such a condescending tone.

1 Like

Oh sure! It’s not like it’s been happening over and over again since the first day of mercenaries and then again every single patch. And it’s clear to everyone who understands even just a little about how coding works that a lot of those “bugs” are a result of using the wrong IDs when configuring the tasks, they are not really bugs. And most of those “bugs” wouldn’t be there on launch if they did just the minimum and tested the tasks before releasing the updates. So if you wanna keep excusing their mistakes go ahead and accept all the bugged updates they keep throwing at us, but the truth is that the lack of testing in the mercenaries mode is not acceptable and it’s way past the time they stop with this terrible practice and start respecting us.

2 Likes