Year of the ... rotation

Hello,

When will the next rotation happen? I hear the rotation will be Barrens, Stormwind, Alterac. That I know.
Also: how to know which cards will be added/ removed from the standard package.

At rotation, standard legal sets will be the adjusted core set (which has many cards entering and leaving which you can find elsewhere), sunken city, castle nathria, March of the lich king, and festival of legends.

Cards from Forged in the Barrens, United in Stormwind and Fractured in Alterac Valley will be rotating out.

Core cards will be updated. Here is an infographic pic of things going in and out of the core set:

And I don’t know exactly when it will happen, but whenever the next patch hits. Sometime next week probably.

2 Likes

Aha thanks so much for this info. I also wonder, as Brann is leaving core set, does this mean you can not put it in your deck anymore, or is it simply no longer a free legendary you can build decks with?

It will not be playable in Standard mode. If you have it in your collection you will be able to play with it in Wild format but not in Standard mode

1 Like

Yes you will lose Brann from your collection unless you have the old adenture called “League of Explorers” unlocked, then you can still play with Brann, but only in the wild format or arena/duels (if League of Explorers is in rotation).

On the plus side Guff is finally being rotated out !!!

I wonder if Queen Azshara will still be a good card. I don’t have that card yet, guess ill wait to see how things pan out.

If I am reading this correctly, they had Reno back in standard for this whole year but didn’t print any additional cards that would only work in a Reno deck?

What a troll!

Do we have a specific date yet when this will happen?

Rotation happens at the spring expansion launch.

1 Like

Thank you. I guess I’ll have to wait and see when that is specifically.

Yeah I was expecting to have a date by now but apparently not. Given that, I’d guess the week of the 11th or 18th. Tuesday is most likely, but Thursday also could happen.

I find it unlikely that they would give us less than a week’s notice on a firm date.

1 Like