Witchwood Toki Unbeatable

Played it back when it was new content. Running it for a friend now and it’s busted with all the recent changes and updates.

4 chances at Infinite Toki, along with several failed runs before even getting past the first boss. Over 100 boss kills, and nothing is working.

Can Toki’s deck AND hero power be re-visited? This last attempt at Infinite Toki I was dead on turn 4. … Turn 4. Let that sink in.

Or… make Witchwood similar to when it was released. Keep an un-modded copy of hearthstone cards that were available and like they were when it was released so that it’s actually an experience from “way back in the before times.”

Anything. Just… Toki is horrible. Darius was pretty god-awful too, but eventually do-able through warrior having decent tempo cards. Tess was a lucky draw because of infinite jade spam. Shaw was a breeze from all the updates to hunter class in general over time.

Toki? RNG’s not fun. It really isn’t. Not after 24 hours combined of working on this crap.

Toki’s fine. You just have to get good treasures and save resources. Aim for the class-specific treasures or the special ones that show after a boss is defeated - those are usually more powerful. Try and play for a long game, and keep your health as high as possible. Once she plays the reset card, just burn quickly.

1 Like

There’s pretty much only 1 way to have a good shot at Toki: pick the double Spell treasure with Spells that can’t backfire like Cinderstorm and Unstable Portal.

Concede if your first passive offered isn’t that passive. Also, at Infinite Toki, be aware you should initially ignore face altogether and aggressively use your resources to protect your own face, due to Infinite Toki’s cheating game reset card she always has and is guaranteed to use ASAP (be aggressive with your cards for maximum protection since you get your cards back after all, but not your life). Another thing to be aware of: Infinite Toki won’t use her Hero Power until she has either completed her Quest or has lethal. So don’t worry too much about that Mega-Windfury.

Wow.

Took a break from this for 3 days, come back, and now I can’t even get past the first boss 4 different times due to how bad the starting deck is.

The toki hero needs a complete re-design again. With EXACTLY ONE (1) mana minion that ALSO HAS RNG ON IT…while the rest of the deck has an average cost of 3 mana and most first bosses never even making it to turn 4, this has got to be the absolute worst design choices ever by history, and I’m including numbn*t decisions like Temporus in here.

Why? I hated this hero 2 years ago, and it’s even WORSE now.

I beat her on my 1st run, ez pz lemon squeeze.

Actually I beat all of them on the 1st run.
Except Shaw… that took me over 200 tries and almost a week non stop play.

Alo beating her on the first try when it came out means nothing. If you did it recently say so as otherwise the comment is rather meaningless.

This thread is about recently its a issue NOT about if it was when it came out.

As for if its doable now days thou it most def is. It is quite a bit harder now thou.

As for the comment of cant get past the first 4 bosses if thats the case its not the starting deck but your strat that includes knowing what treasures to play (double time being the best) vs reroll. losing when you take the worst treasures is not a surprise thou its possible to do the first 4 even with the worst treasures your odds are much lower. I play her rather often as like that adventure to kill time on on phone and getting past the first 4 should never be a issue save for the odd run that you get screwed on the vast majority you will get by the first 4, unless you yourself are messing up strat wise.

Play her quite often and 1 in 3 runs at least I pick to play out get 8/8 on thou don’t play infinite toki as you don’t she her as the final on reruns something I dislike. Have helped friends get there clear so facing vs toki at the end, even recently and norm takes under 6 runs to do, worst I seen recently was 8, again this assumes you no what works and when to reroll if your playing every run out that is YOUR strat failing nothing more as part of the strat is knowing when to reroll.

So I know this is a very old topic, but since it’s a free adventure I figured I’d leave this for a later person to discover.

One of the easiest and best ways I have found is definitely the double cast passive (it’s easily broken) and going a mix of Chaos (mainly for the double time warp with the double time passive) and Wild Magic buckets with Erratic Creatures as a last resort if needed. Best active treasures definitely include Murloc Holmes and Impetuous Companion (to know if they have Alternate Timeline and maybe even use it yourself). Another good one is Clockwork Gnome (1-mana 1/1, has +1/+1 for every spell you cast this game) to try to burst their face down.